• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What does a $2,200 SCX10 Look like???

JMO... that's too much tire deflection.

The sidewall shouldn't flex that much.
The tire's bead can become damaged if
it is constantly abraded by the bead lock ring(s).

Plus... more bind can occur, resulting in less steering capability
when wedged between rocks.

^ if the tire rolls over it's bead...
it's not steering the rig as well as it could be.

Denser inert foams would make it better IMO.

Ok here's the deal its a really nice truck, but I think ( and i believe most will agree with me) 2 GRAND for A TOY!!! are you crazy? I'm personally into RC because I can't really afford a full size.
Don't get me wrong if i had that much money eating a hole in my wallet sure I'd probably do it too.
FYI- blow another 200 and buy a gcm kit and put an interior in it.

Lots of nice rigs on here for sure. This is just what I felt like putting together. The rig I built is pretty fun and I've learned a lot from people on here. rccrawler.com is just awesome and a good way to spend time looking at some of these really nice looking rigs. I wish I had more money so I could build some other stuff I have in mind. Ohh and it's not a toy! well maybe it is, ha ha.

Here's a new video!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0e4HL7EtJz4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

so i didnt read this entire thread but did you bother to fix the front suspension links? the angled ones are not uppers and are why your front axle is clocked to the moon. some people have more money than brains!

The links are custom made to align the drive shafts at that perfect angle. the curries are installed as normal. As far as brains, you may be right.

so i didnt read this entire thread but did you bother to fix the front suspension links? the angled ones are not uppers and are why your front axle is clocked to the moon. some people have more money than brains!

Axles are designed to do that there a scale replica of currie axles, so maybe before you comment know what your talking about or read the thread.

Axles are designed to do that there a scale replica of currie axles, so maybe before you comment know what your talking about or read the thread.

No.

The fact that the knuckles are sitting there with between 5 and 10 degrees of negative caster as seen by the servo angle and in pics with the tires turned says the "custom" links are wrong. That "perfect" driveline angle wouldn't let a 1:1 rig get to 40 mph due to crazy vibration however on an rc it's fine. The steering angle however is limiting the trucks performance and needs to be corrected.

Nope they're not...his caster angle is all off. What would i know....only produced and sold about 250 sets of links now.

if the OP fixes his angles he could get way more steering from this

Ok here's the deal its a really nice truck, but I think ( and i believe most will agree with me) 2 GRAND for A TOY!!! are you crazy? I'm personally into RC because I can't really afford a full size.
Don't get me wrong if i had that much money eating a hole in my wallet sure I'd probably do it too.
FYI- blow another 200 and buy a gcm kit and put an interior in it.

I don't think that's it at all........ At least not in my case. Many folks on the board own high dollar rigs (including myself) but when you title your build as the creator of this thread you are telling the rc cummunity that you are a straight up tool. Oh and all that $ spent on a poor executed rig just plain shows that you can open your wallet but cannot build for shit. :flipoff:

I have some cool videos coming, stay tuned! The steering is fine. I have the overdrive gearing in the front so that helps with the steering a lot! Just love the pulling on the overdrive.

Is that true about tire sidewall deflection, in that having too much compliance like that will lead to poorer steering, more binding, and more wear? I cut my foams in the star pattern, then cut some vent holes in the outside of them, and now they're compliant like that on everything. Sometimes it leads to "pushing", or a tendency to understeer.

Crazy - I didn't think you could build an indestructible wraith or SCX for less than $2500. I built 2, 1 for my son & I, and 1 for my brother.. The cost is just what it ended up being to build a truck that will not blow apart. I didn't set out to spend that much on both. It's just is what it is.

Anyway - SCXCrazy - Nice truck!

Here's a new video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LDiqQY_11GE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cut that stinger and get some better foams, that tire roll is killing your turning.

Werd, and fix the front links while you're at it. The positive castor is killing the turning ability too. There is a reason everyone with a successful comp rig runs massive negative castor...

Back