• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What does a $2,200 SCX10 Look like???

OK did some more work to her. Since cutting and removing the rear bottom tube cage, that left me enough room to lower the cage / hard body about 2 inches downward. I cut out the wheel wells and now spent a lot of time picking just the perfect springs to lower even more. I drilled 2 holes fro the front to mount the body and it holds very good now. I also tried some FPV gear on her from my long range TBS Discovery. I drove it from the 60 inch TV behind my house and back in the creek / trails. I'll have video of that soon.

Here's my secret recipe for shocks springs, it only took me 6 trys to get it perfect. I love the body roll now. In videos, the flex looks so good. Love it.

I put 2 stage spring kit on there from RC4WD. I went with the super soft ones.

It lowered the body so much that ,ost of the time it hides the servo which makes it look more scale + I can save money on the CMS Kit (for now at least).

Plus, there's no better steering than servo mounted!

I have some serious action pics coming soon, stay tuned!

Let me know what you guys think of the ride height.

I love getting this rig dirty! I spent a lot of time to waterproof everything on this rig the correct way so I have to worry about the electronics and bearings. So I love to get it dirty, scratch it, scratch the curries, and make it look like a real life abused truck.

And time for a nice bath. This is the way that I clean her.

I love polishing the aluminum Mickey Thompson rims. I just sprayed them off this time with water and they look shiny again!

Thank you, I love the king shocks. I have the 100 mm shocks and they work just perfect. The 90 are too short and the 110 are too long.Thank you, I love the king shocks. I have the 100 mm shocks and they work just perfect. The 90 are too short and the 110 are too long. Go out and buy some you will not regret the decision.

The rig is sweet.
May I ask how often do you have to open your trans, axles and such to clean out the water.
I plan to start running mine in wetter conditions and with the exception of taking care of the bearings am wondering what other protocols are required.

Just really not too much to it. I used a lot of plasty dip. I used about six coats on the receiver, and another six coats on the Lipo 12 V battery. The key to a good dipping is to make sure you set aside about 4 to 5 days and every evening dip it. Let it dry and then add another coat. The bearings are also important. I use the wheel bearing Marine Grease and Home Depot. Just remove the seals on the bearings and packet full of Marine Grease. Don't bother removing the previous just add some in there. If you do that you won't have to open up your transmission we are axles for about 10 to 20 runs. These bearings go so slow that it's not like a high-speed radio control car. To be honest I haven't changed my bearing grease in a while.

And here's some Action Pics. The body roll is perfect. There's a 90% improvement for roll overs now. The Body was lowered by over an inch, different duel spring set-up.

Here's a new video!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w9-cr8satMU?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Shithouse is the first thing that comes to mind:lmao:

Each to their own I spose, but Christ you got ripped hard, all that money and still only half arsed gear on it"thumbsup":ror:

Thanks for the comment on the video. Trying to get my videos to look better and better. Still working on that though LOL.

Here's a quick video of the current spring set-up.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YY8EYxmlDiI?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IExG56u9WSs?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Back