• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

What did you do to you SCX-10 today?

Been going on for a while: 2.2 RC4WD Mudslingers on SSD steelies; Traxxas ultra shocks with Losi springs; Gear Head lift kit (lowest setting); Knight Customs forward battery relocation; Scalarfab rock sliders

a49c152956738e6dc7abb513e21676cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Installed Traxxis "Big Bore" shocks all the way around with soft Losi springs on the front, medium springs on the rear, along with a set of Phat Axle steel housings front & rear....
She's a crawler now! ;-)

Gas_Monkey_Shock_Stance.jpg

Took it out of the box!! It's my first scaler/ crawler so I'm pretty pumped!

I'm really impressed with the green of the body! Never realized it was metallic paint until I opened it. Can't wait to start some mods!

Installed SSD D60 axle case in the rear. Need some scale bolts for the diff cover, but I like the silver-black contrast (vs supplied black screws). The case is awesome & easy to install.

63f92240a8ad6e3accf10946f15a66f3.jpg

Last edited:
I installed an integy (AMS) servo mount on my SCX-10

integy # C2395 (silver or black)

Includes 8ea. SS 3mm button head screws.
But I preferred using four wider headed screws to mount the servo.
The two used to mount it atop the axle's posts will need be supplied.

IMHO it's one of the best alloy/standard type servo mounts
that one can obtained and install.
And is a "must have" when utilzing high torque servos.

looks like this... (comes in black also, but was out of stock when I purchased)

Note: the two centered holes on the plate need be counter sunk
and two tapered 3mm machine screws should be utilized
so that the bottom of the servo has no interference atop the plate.

Something integy should have done... but is easy to do.

s-l500.jpg

Ignore the Savox SB-2290SG as it is for my 1:6 scale Wraith/Nylint TJ Jeep.
Huge power @ 7.4v and producing nearly 700 oz/in of torque.

My SCX-10 utilizes a Savox SA-1230SG rated at 6v @ 500 oz/in.
and is more then enough torque for a 1:10 scale crawler.

mounted on my SCX-10...

Tho' I generally don't recommend integy for many things.
This servo mount is one of the exceptions.

What makes it better then others is...
That it utilizes four screws securing the alloy up rights
rather then just two found with most other mfgr's.

This servo mount works very well for both the SCX-10 as well the Wraith.
It is rock solid and allows for no flex or movement.

Here's a picture of the black integy servo mount installed on my 1:6 scale Wraith/Nylint Jeep TJ...

Last edited:
Put lil nova 4.5 mediums in my Voodoo and Hyrax, I like them much more than the double deuces.

It's been over a few weeks this, but I'm moving things around ready for a new body....

Forward motor mount

Cantilever rear suspension

centre mount transfer case....

Installed the SSD D60 axle case in the front. Super tight fit for the VP C-hubs, but worth the effort. Pretty excited with how it turned out. Still need to get some scale hex bolts for the diff cover.

ff32e3a9c907239ac000cb39630646b3.jpg

3dc6464a35b9dd965711e83f8dd1afc5.jpg

Last edited:
Got it out of the box for the first time...

I'd gotten "out of" RC a couple years ago,and sold off all of my rigs (mostly SCX10' and RC10T's of various ages) except a pair of SCX10's (Honcho,and a Deadbolt),which I sold back in the Summer to help in the finance of buying another dirt bike (2008 Honda CRF250X),but then a few weeks ago I accidently watched a few RC trailing videos on Youtube,and here we are...me wishing I hadn't sold ALL my gear/rigs and cracking open the box on another SCX10 DB,LOL! :lmao: Nice to be back at it :mrgreen:

Installed the SSD rock shield winch bumper. It's the only one I've seen that has threaded mounting tabs and a solid stop against the frame rails (so it won't slide along the rails when bashed -- vs other bumpers that slid easily for me due to their slot-mounts). It has a decent approach angle, is beautifully made, looks sweet, and was easy to install. I think it could also replace the front frame brace, although I left mine in.

8f527d1ea1b4492bd603c9621e1a5be6.jpg

bdada4d17581f6bfe16d1657dfd8dbc9.jpg

2ce8af2f96cc09d3694441fe24374f24.jpg

Got it out of the box for the first time...

I'd gotten "out of" RC a couple years ago,and sold off all of my rigs (mostly SCX10' and RC10T's of various ages) except a pair of SCX10's (Honcho,and a Deadbolt),which I sold back in the Summer to help in the finance of buying another dirt bike (2008 Honda CRF250X),but then a few weeks ago I accidently watched a few RC trailing videos on Youtube,and here we are...me wishing I hadn't sold ALL my gear/rigs and cracking open the box on another SCX10 DB,LOL! :lmao: Nice to be back at it :mrgreen:

Welcome back! You've made a sweet choice with the Deadbolt!

Back