• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Vasquez Rocks GTG!! Saturday Sept 13th! (and possibly a comp?!?!)

Have you been to Vasquez before?

• Total voters
Time is TBD?

I'm thinking we start early. Maybe have the Drivers meeting at 9-9:30, and first gate starts at 10? That would mean, reg would end at 9-9:30.
After Sept 1, the park closes at 5. Or so the website says. I would like to see an early start, then we can get to the BBQ. After that maybe round 2 of the comp?

Who has the following they are willing to bring out for this event?

10x10 popup tent (one would be great, 2 would be even better!)
Folding tables x2 - I have 2 of these that I will bring
Clip Boards for judging - I have 3-4 that I will bring.
Gates x?
I will print out sign up sheets, score cards.

What else do we need?
I have a small 800W gen if need be. Or also a 400W converter in my Prius, so people can charge batteries and such during the lunch break.

What kind of courses do we want to have?

Who has the following they are willing to bring out for this event?

10x10 popup tent (one would be great, 2 would be even better!)
Folding tables x2 - I have 2 of these that I will bring
Clip Boards for judging - I have 3-4 that I will bring.
Gates x?
I will print out sign up sheets, score cards.

What else do we need?
I have a small 800W gen if need be. Or also a 400W converter in my Prius, so people can charge batteries and such during the lunch break.

What kind of courses do we want to have?

I'm not bringing my Suburban. I plan on traveling light.

Um, how many gate markers can we get a hold of? Maybe we do 1 or 2 runs of say 5-15 gates each? Then add points for reverse, hitting a gate marker, roll overs, H.O.G. Maybe do them as a timed course, then add points for what I just listed. Maybe we add up points at the beginning for scale accessories, then deduct those points from the total score at the end?

Thoughts?

Um, how many gate markers can we get a hold of? Maybe we do 1 or 2 runs of say 5-15 gagreentes each? Then add points for reverse, hitting a gate marker, roll overs, H.O.G. Maybe do them as a timed course, then add points for what I just listed. Maybe we add up points at the beginning for scale accessories, then deduct those points from the total score at the end?

Thoughts?

I'm open to gtg trail run. Then maybe a course or two. Between my son and I, we have six pair of the Axial green gates/markers.

Anyone else have those Axial markers, gates?

I have 10 RC4WD blue 1/10 scale cones. So that would make a total of 8 gates. I'm also okay with possibly picking up some tennis balls, and cutting them in half. The local $.99 store usually has them.

if your really worried about markers you can just go to home depot and get construction flags they are really cheap, "thumbsup"

I will be there just to crawl around and hang out

if your really worried about markers you can just go to home depot and get construction flags they are really cheap, "thumbsup"

I will be there just to crawl around and hang out

Good idea. I've seen those making flags online $8 for 100. Home Depot are about the same price too.

Speaking of flags. I hope all of this talk about comps and stuff to the park administration does not raise some red flags with them about this or any future scale GTGs.

I'm down for a gtg.. I agree with everyone on the issue of raising suspicion with the rangers by having a comp.. If hate to see crawlers get banned from the park.

Last edited:
Hello! I finally made an account so i'm able to talk with you guys and gals! I work at my local hobby shop High Desert Hobbies and our group and I FaultLine Crawlers would like to attend and help out! Here's a short list of what we would be able to bring:
18 axial orange gate markers
34 axial green gate markers
7 mini orange cones
10x10 ez-up
Clip board or two
Stop watch

We have a total of 39 members in are group and we already have 7 people signed up on our flyer here at the shop. Please let me know if there is anything else we can help with.

Thanks, Sean

Back