• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

Quick question, First post with rules was done in Feb. Has there been updates/changes to these rules? Or are we good to use this as a starting point for our clubs?

Quick question, First post with rules was done in Feb. Has there been updates/changes to these rules? Or are we good to use this as a starting point for our clubs?

These are the rules. There will be some small revisions and improvements to them for 2012 (just as the USRCCA does each year), but for now, those are the rules in use. "thumbsup"

We had a question about what constitutes a custom built body. Is that starting with flat pieces and going from there? Or, can you count a highly modified existing body. For example, say you made a 4 door into a 2 door. Another example might be gutting the doors, roof and then replacing with custom plastic and metal pieces. What happens if you graft an existing piece of a body onto a fully custom piece? Thanks for any help on this.

Wes

We had a question about what constitutes a custom built body. Is that starting with flat pieces and going from there? Or, can you count a highly modified existing body. For example, say you made a 4 door into a 2 door. Another example might be gutting the doors, roof and then replacing with custom plastic and metal pieces. What happens if you graft an existing piece of a body onto a fully custom piece? Thanks for any help on this.

Wes
It means from scratch or flat pieces as you put it..

Would flat fenders up front be allowed in a class 1 wrangler... ?

Most the body still remains... And it would still be within rule of +/- 1/2" tire exposure

Would flat fenders up front be allowed in a class 1 wrangler... ?

Most the body still remains... And it would still be within rule of +/- 1/2" tire exposure
Better be, I have them on my C-1 truck.Lol

Yes they are, as long as it is within the tire coverage"thumbsup"

Class 2:

• The body (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase

Does this mean 3" longer total front and back combined or 3" in the front and 3" in the back?

i'm sure it is combined between the front and rear, other wise 3" hanging out front and rear would look :shock: well picture it yourself :lmao: ..........bob

i'm sure it is combined between the front and rear, other wise 3" hanging out front and rear would look :shock: well picture it yourself :lmao: ..........bob

I know, I know but we are trying to clear it up for our scaler series for this year. I would like an answer from an Official Rules Committe Member... and if you are I appologize:oops: not to familiar with this thread yet.

I know I'm blind:shock: BUT what's the max wheel base?
theres no max WB for any class.. There are rules in every class that relate to the WB of the truck..

class 1
• Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/‐ 1/2 inch total combined)

class 2
• The body (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase

class 3
• All bodies (Including tubers) must measure a minimum of five inches wide from front to rear of door, measure a minimum of 4.5 inches tall as measured from the skid to the tallest point on the body and must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase

First off let me begin by saying Im extremely new to the Scaler/Crawler RC hobby. Forgive the newb question about tires. Currently I have Pro-Line 2.2 Chisels (they are on the Ban List) so these will be replaced shortly. I was looking at the Pro-Line 2.2 TSL's Super Swampers. The specs for the TSL's say <TABLE style="MARGIN-LEFT: 15px" border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width=400><TBODY><TR><TD height=19 width=75 align=right>Height:</TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD width=125>5.40" (137mm)</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right>Width:</TD><TD> </TD><TD>2.05" (52mm)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
So according to the 4.75" height rule are these tires good or no good? I just dont want to buy another set of tires that I cant use. The 1.9's TSL's are @4.30" so well under the limit. Im just curious, thank you for any help.

Another question, Im trying to build and prepare an area here in Florida (Sanford Boat Ramp) is there something I need to post or request before trying to hold an SORRCA event. We will be trying to follow the SORRCA rules to the best of our abilities as there are a majority of us that are very new to the sport and must learn a lot still. Thanks again for the help "thumbsup"

Back