• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

Without actually seeing the truck or having more info I cant give you a definitive answer.

what info would u like (part of original question)

general blanket statement(is it legal)

didn't ask that :p

Hope this helps

any input help!! "thumbsup"

with respect! maybe check out my original Q'? or if ure js getn anoyed let it go lol

preesh the input from ya'll "thumbsup""thumbsup"

with respect! maybe check out my original Q'? or if ure js getn anoyed let it go lol

Wow, really...... I reread your Op a few times before I answered, Gave you some insight with the little info you provided,provoked other questions for you to ponder and this is what you come back with after you already recieved the pat on the back you were looking for.

Whatever...

The rules are clear and if you take the time to read them you would have responded with some info a person could work with to give you difinitve answers. I dont have the truck infront of me, I dont know how wide the doors are,I dont know what tires those are,I dont know how many points it has to meet mins,I dont even know what class you were wanting it to me in ,So, I cant give you answers that I feel comfortable with with out more info....... See where I was going? You have all that info and the truck infront of you.Had you shared the truck specs as it sits and your desires I would have given you very black and white answers,I dont beat around the bush for no reason.Trust me I can be very matter of fact and brash if you havnt noticed already

Good luck with your club and brush up on the rules, you will have a lot of questions coming your way from your members if you are the go to guy. I mean the last statement with the utmost sincerity.It isnt easy being the one people look to for clarity.

Devlin

What the f___ is he trying to say here? Jesus, is it really that hard or time consuming to type all the letters of a word?? And no, your time is not too valuable to do so.

Wow, really......

well..... I was excited to see what you had to say, now I'm like what?

Honestly I'm sorry, I thought I was on the same page with you. I really don't know what to say at this point. I had felt that I was geting on your nerves... sad part is I just told every body to check this site out becouse of the great feedback. I'll reread the rules an stop bothering people with my douts. thanks again for trying.

Williom.

What the f___ is he trying to say here?

I txt to much... there abbreviations an it was 4am in the morning.
wasn't thinking about spell check. excuse me....

btw read the "boring" yota last night, enjoyed it, loved the location of the winch servo.

Last edited:
I was honestly trying to help you and give you a correct answer.By no means were you getting on my nerves.(well, untill you last reply:) ) I love to help people if I can. Part of my problem is I know the rules very well and what can/cant be done and how to use them to my advantage,ask anybody that knows me how well I can play the rule game:mrgreen: So, that lead to the multitude of questions back at you, so as to gather the proper info for a proper answer.

Like Tim said, it "looks" like a C2 rig. Post up your specs that I asked for and or mentioned and maybe a Plan and side view of the rig for visual confirmation of a few of the major guidlines for class fitment.

What class would you like it to fit in ?

Please dont let a single internet conversation form your opinion of this site or the people involved with it. I can assure you the conversation would have been much more bennificail and understood in person.

well..... I was excited to see what you had to say, now I'm like what?

Honestly I'm sorry, I thought I was on the same page with you. I really don't know what to say at this point. I had felt that I was geting on your nerves... sad part is I just told every body to check this site out becouse of the great feedback. I'll reread the rules an stop bothering people with my douts. thanks again for trying.

Williom.

Last edited:
I would like to see a little more recognition for the time/work in building a full tube chassy. As it sets it's almost impossible to get 50 points. Or maybe I'm just reading the points wrong.

Is there a picture of a 50 point rig and can you get that high in C 2+3? I haven't been following these rules since it's not quite msd time.

I txt to much... there abbreviations an it was 4am in the morning.
wasn't thinking about spell check. excuse me....

btw read the "boring" yota last night, enjoyed it, loved the location of the winch servo.

No worries... There are a TON of folks here willing to help, but if you ask for help, you may just want to take the extra couple minutes to write in a manner showing respect/appreciation for the assistance you're about to get. I sometimes dismiss people's requests for help if they're exceptionally poorly written. The way I look at it, if they don't care to take the time to ask clear, easy-to-understand questions, why should I take my time to reply. You know what I mean? "thumbsup"

Thanks for the compliments on the Yota. It's been a lot of fun and the winch is still working great, too! :ror:

Is there a picture of a 50 point rig and can you get that high in C 2+3? I haven't been following these rules since it's not quite msd time.

Yes.

Class 2 (54 points)

P1140431.jpg

Class 3 (50 points)

P1150375.jpg

Ok round 2, when i posted last night i got a "site under service" message so if i mist any thing this time around just let me know.

tires: RC4WD rock stompers (4.17 tall)

chassis: tcs x-trail tubing is mounted to the frame

body: tamiya clodbuster unaltered other than the chopped bed, the tires are inside the doors an covered half way by the body. maybe add frairs just to be sure?

after rereading the rules I would like to run class 1 but don't have the 3" of over hang requierd. what would be the best way to address this, say I creat up a bumper/tire carreir that would extend out to achieve the extra inchs needed?

point mins: did i miss this info or is that whats left up to the event representatives? >me in this case< if so what would be your suggestion or what is the typical minimal point in?

I hope this makes my intentions clearer, sorry i had to get "yeld" at to get your point across....(my pops still gets on me about that:oops:) Heres some pics you ask about, hope there what your looking for. if theres any way I can get you any more info more pics stats ect. please let me know!

6470073677_3272f9a3ac.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6470079055_514983750e.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6470084287_9ffeaf0dce.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

REALLY appreciate the time, effort, an patients!!

Last edited:
Alright....the biggest issue with class 1 is the bed. It look like it tapers from front to back,you don't have tire coverage, and its too short. The bed must be as wide as the cab all the way to the back, and it must cover at least half the width of your tires. The tires are legal class 1, but the bed is definately a "class 2" type bed. Thats why I said to put some 1.9 PitBulls on it and have some fun.

Know were talking. The side view, you desires and the specs makes it much easier to answer you questions.

It look s like you meet the 3" over hang, bumpers do count in that. For C1, as Warpig staed and the fact the the rear tires stick out past the bed would bump it into c2 immediatly regardless of tire size.

Easiest work around again is a Tim stated, go C2, you will find it to be the most popular class anyways.

Thanks for your help helping us help you"thumbsup"

I was going to say, "Now we're talking" and noticed Devlin started his reply exactly that way! :ror: Nonetheless.....now we're talking. :mrgreen:

So the potential issues I see that would prevent you from running in C1 are as follows:

• As mentioned, the rear overhang is too little and the flatbed needs to at least be the width of the cab over its whole length
  • The front axle may be pushing this rule: Wheels must be aligned within the body wheel wells (center of wheels to center of wheel wells +/‐*1/2
    inch total combined
  • What about width? Do you have enough tire coverage? They need to be half covered by fenders/flares for C1.

I agree with Tim and Devlin. At this point, it would be much less painful to just run in C2....and I think it could be very competitive there! "thumbsup"

Grate guy!! thanks alot for the feedback"thumbsup"

to answer the tire coverage on the front, flairs would cover the hole tire. maybe a new flatbed for 2013. if the world dosen't end :roll:

C2 sound good to me!!
Now when people come an ask me such questions I now how to go about answering them, all thanks to you guys!

Can you show me where you're getting the 54 points? I'm not seeing it from here.

interior cage front seats protected -3
sliders -3
tube fenders -1
tube shock mounts front and rear -2
hardbody -8
inner fenders front and rear -2
front bumper -3
rear bumper -3
stinger -1
3d interior 2 seats-3
suv cargo area -1
2 full figures -4 (they are just not in seats at time)
chassis mount servo -5
exterior items -6(have just not in pic can put in if desire and retake pic)
functional items -8.. 3 d rings,winch, towrope, sandladders, pull pal

thats 53 total points. not sure if cutting out origional bed area and replacing it w styrene and dropping it 1/4" counts as drop bed so i didn count it.

but thx for the concern"thumbsup" ill post a new pic of it "fully loaded" my bust for the shitty pic

sliders -3
tube fenders -1
tube shock mounts front and rear -2
hardbody -8
front bumper -3
rear bumper -3
stinger -1
3d interior 2 seats-3
suv cargo area -1
2 full figures -4 (they are just not in seats at time)
chassis mount servo -5
exterior items -6(have just not in pic can put in if desire and retake pic)
functional items -8.. 3 d rings,winch, towrope, sandladders, pull pal

thats 53 total points. not sure if cutting out origional bed area and replacing it w styrene and dropping it 1/4" counts as drop bed so i didn count it.

but thx for the concern"thumbsup" ill post a new pic of it "fully loaded" my bust for the shitty pic

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, those would not receive bumper points. As for the drop bed points, you were right not to count it since you had already counted that area as a suv cargo area. You can't double-dip.

We'll take your word for the people and exterior scale items. You just have to realize that they weren't in the picture, so it was hard for anybody who didnt know you had those items to count them.

Btw, nice jeep.

sliders -3
tube fenders -1
tube shock mounts front and rear -2 Sorry, must be tied into the tubework. Those are just metal hoops.
hardbody -8
front bumper -3
rear bumper -3
stinger -1
3d interior 2 seats-3
suv cargo area -1
2 full figures -4 (they are just not in seats at time) This is what threw me off.
chassis mount servo -5
exterior items -6(have just not in pic can put in if desire and retake pic) This too.
functional items -8.. 3 d rings,winch, towrope, sandladders, pull pal And this.

I was just comparing it to my Range Rover because I know it's a 54 point truck, and I was trying to figure out where your points were coming from with no drivers or accessories. Your front bumper is fine and everything else, but the shock mount points were there to give points to people that integrated the shock mounts, not just weld on a hoop. It needs to be tied into the surrounding tubework to get those points.

I agree though, nice truck!

Great looking Jeep.

Just to clarify,you only receive 1 point for the d rings,multiple items that are the same do not receive multiple points unless it is noted as such like bumpers,winches leafs, etc...

I know it doesnt matter since it adds up to 53 points,just an observation and clarification.

I really like the clean simple builds without all the extras added just for points.

Back