• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

First off let me begin by saying Im extremely new to the Scaler/Crawler RC hobby. Forgive the newb question about tires. Currently I have Pro-Line 2.2 Chisels (they are on the Ban List) so these will be replaced shortly. I was looking at the Pro-Line 2.2 TSL's Super Swampers. The specs for the TSL's say <table style="MARGIN-LEFT: 15px" width="400" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td height="19" width="75" align="right">Height:</td><td width="10">
</td><td width="125">5.40" (137mm)</td></tr><tr><td align="right">Width:</td><td>
</td><td>2.05" (52mm)</td></tr></tbody></table>
So according to the 4.75" height rule are these tires good or no good? I just dont want to buy another set of tires that I cant use. The 1.9's TSL's are @4.30" so well under the limit. Im just curious, thank you for any help.

Another question, Im trying to build and prepare an area here in Florida (Sanford Boat Ramp) is there something I need to post or request before trying to hold an SORRCA event. We will be trying to follow the SORRCA rules to the best of our abilities as there are a majority of us that are very new to the sport and must learn a lot still. Thanks again for the help "thumbsup"

The 2.2 TSL's are a Class 3 tire. The 4.75" tire limit is for Class 2.

No need to request anything from SORRCA to use the rules. SORCCA is just here to try to bring a universal set of rules to clubs so that if you travel to a national scale competition the rules will be the same as your local rules. If clubs would like to make small changes at a club level, it is fine. We realize that there are certain rules (like minimum and maximum scale points, visible electronics, etc) that may seem unnecessary in your local club, and may be changed.......just know that at a national scale event, the SORCCA rules will be followed to a "t".

Welcome to the hobby.

questions about rear bumpers.

is there minumuim width just as long as it is as wider then the chassis.

are they allowed on a tube bed

also is there points for opening doors or hoods?

questions about rear bumpers.

is there minumuim width just as long as it is as wider then the chassis.

are they allowed on a tube bed

also is there points for opening doors or hoods?

for which class? I'm guessing C-2 Trail?

As far as the Opening panels, no there is not, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it

hay guy, here is the truck i would like ure input on as to witch class it should be in based on the new rules. i think it varey inportent that i get this right do to the fact that i have started a scale club an will be judging as well as classing the truck that have an will join. any input as to change tires for this class or that class an so on. thanks!!!!

6387746225_39e22fa6d2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6387750485_9ed1041fcf.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6387755011_71853f2a66.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6387759701_5a20128f65.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6387764001_c3ab9dcb79.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
6387769379_d0a790664c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

ps there will be a windsheald... lol

btw loven the rule revamp"thumbsup"

Last edited:
2012 rules are currently being visited, there shouldnt be any major changes,just some refining. So, what ever class that rig falls into right now,should be the class it stays in for 2012.

thanks hotwheels but its never been in a comp, and I'm js starting up the club here in Va.

still woundering what class?:oops:

im thinking class2 with the exception of this: "• The body (including bumpers) must be 3" longer than the wheelbase"
but then it seems to work if i can call it a "truggy" with this: "• Truggies are allowed, but must have a rail chassis up too the rear of the skid minimum. The truggy structure must extend to the back of the rear axles pumpkin or beyond to be legal."

thanks again an sorry for my nubeness hehe

Last edited:
Without actually seeing the truck or having more info I cant give you a definitive answer.

A couple other things to consider.....

Does it meet the tire size specs ?

Does it meet the track width (inside of tires no wider than the doors)

And a few others. I believe the rules are fairly sellf explanitory for each class requirements. If you have specific questions or need clarification it would be much easier to answer than a general blanket statement(is it legal)

Hope this helps

@WARPIG > graet man thanks!! for the strate forward answer"thumbsup"

funny u should say that about the tires, ordered pitbulls yesterday:mrgreen:

I would like to see a little more recognition for the time/work in building a full tube chassy. As it sets it's almost impossible to get 50 points. Or maybe I'm just reading the points wrong.

Alright Lance....here it goes. Although it does take time to design and build a tube chassis, I think the performance advantage eliminates the need for more scale points. A tuber can easily hit 50 points, but it's going to have to have a full interior, driver(s), bumpers, etc.

Example:

Tuber -8
Sliders -3
Full Hardbody -8
3d interior -4
Driver and passenger -4
CMS -5
T-case -4
Non-functional ext. items -6
functional items -8
Front and rear bumpers -6
Stinger -1

That's -57 right there. A full tuber with metal panels would come out at -50, but my question is, should a full tuber with panels really get max points over a full hardbodied rig? I don't think so. I think the points are just about right.

The full custom build rigs and semi custom build rigs are built for pride in one's work and skill. I think the positive feedback the builder gets is worth all the hard work on it's oun. We all try to get the most points we can, but what fun would it be if that's all the builder is going for. We build to drive and enjoy, plus the bragging rights doesn't hurt aswell :mrgreen: I say the points system is good and always changing to meet the needs of scale year to year.

Keep up the great work both builders and officials.

Rob

Alright Lance....here it goes. Although it does take time to design and build a tube chassis, I think the performance advantage eliminates the need for more scale points. A tuber can easily hit 50 points, but it's going to have to have a full interior, driver(s), bumpers, etc.

Example:

Tuber -8
Sliders -3
Full Hardbody -8
3d interior -4
Driver and passenger -4
CMS -5
T-case -4
Non-functional ext. items -6
functional items -8
Front and rear bumpers -6
Stinger -1

That's -57 right there. A full tuber with metal panels would come out at -50, but my question is, should a full tuber with panels really get max points over a full hardbodied rig? I don't think so. I think the points are just about right.

Thanks Tim I didn't know you could count the sliders. My main objection would be bumpers. On a narrowed or pinched front and rear hard body rig do the bumpers have to be the width of the cab? And can you mix up panels 1/2 metal half plastic? I've driven both types and don't think there is that much advantage to a full tube chassy. Just my 2$ thanks for the help.

Thanks Tim I didn't know you could count the sliders. My main objection would be bumpers. On a narrowed or pinched front and rear hard body rig do the bumpers have to be the width of the cab? And can you mix up panels 1/2 metal half plastic? I've driven both types and don't think there is that much advantage to a full tube chassy. Just my 2$ thanks for the help.
Lance,

Bumpers only have to be wider than the frame(tuber chassis) in C2 and C3 . Sliders need to be a seperate component from the tuber main lower rails. Panels can be mixed but you would only recieve the lesser of the two values for points unless they were all metal.

Back