• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Updated and revised SORRCA Rules and Specs

wow, that was a tough read, all those rants and complaints.

Good job on coming up with some great and well thought out rules, a furthering contribution of this hobby.

Thanks, I think once everyone settles down and runs these for awhile, they will be happy.

How does the class 2 and 3 compare to real world 1:1 racing? Are 42" tires considered 4.2" tires? Then the largest legal off-road tire you could run is 54" right? so then that 54" equates to 5.4"? I think this should be reflected how the rules were considered....as I believe they were but am not totally sure.

I don't think we were considering 1:1 racing as much as we we were trying to make 3 completely different looking classes. We wanted everyone to have a class, no matter how "extreme" you like to build your trucks. Remember, not all R/C scalers are 1/10th scale. Hard to compare a 5.4" R/C tire to a 54" 1:1 tire when you can have a class 3 rig that's anywhere from 1/12th scale to 1/8th scale.

anyhow, I love the rules, see very little grey, and what grey there is should be left up to the local clubs to have fun with.

We're still hoping that people will ignore the "gray areas" and just build realistic, cool, and unique looking rigs and not worry about making a scale comp rig. There will always be those people that push the rules, but for the most part I think people understand that scale should be first and foremost "fun".

Thanks for the input. Tim.

How does the class 2 and 3 compare to real world 1:1 racing? Are 42" tires considered 4.2" tires? Then the largest legal off-road tire you could run is 54" right? so then that 54" equates to 5.4"? I think this should be reflected how the rules were considered....as I believe they were but am not totally sure.

...and with a 1/8 scale body such as the JK body that I have on my class 3 rig, the 5.4" tire is closer to a 44" tire. "thumbsup"

When will the official Course Directions/Driving Scoring System be released? Our scale comps are coming up shortly....

i asked this before, but didnt get any responces, thought i would bring it up again. :oops:

in the case of a truck... (ie not SUV, jeep, etc)
how much of the bed is required to get full hard body points?
fenders only?
fenders and tailgate?
fenders, tailgate, and bed floor?

i asked this before, but didnt get any responces, thought i would bring it up again. :oops:

in the case of a truck... (ie not SUV, jeep, etc)
how much of the bed is required to get full hard body points?
fenders only?
fenders and tailgate?
fenders, tailgate, and bed floor?
The words ( full hard body) makes me think fenders,tailgate and bed floor.
Some trucks might not have a tailgate.

I would meet in the middle, the side of the bed/fenders for sure. Then you must have either a tailgate or a bed floor. One or the other. That would seem fair to me. Just my opinion.

i agree with you there. fenders manditory. and must have tailgate OR bed floor.

im trying to think what hard body doesnt have a tailgate though (stock)

i agree with you there. fenders manditory. and must have tailgate OR bed floor.

im trying to think what hard body doesnt have a tailgate though (stock)
They come with a tail gate. I have seen trucks without them,cause they were removed. I made mine open and a couple times at the end of my run I wouldn't have one.:ror:

I read through the first couple of pages and still have a question. If this has been covered I apolgize. Is there a weight limit for wheels and wheel weight in each class? And if so what is it? Thanks

Back