• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trump's BA Axial Jeep G6 build with a twist.

i just got the scx10 mip's for my G6. I was kind of thinking instead of choppin the driveshaft or buyin a $35 ax10 driveshaft for the rear end, how long of rear links do you think i would need to make the scx10 drive shaft work? Yes i am thinking of extending the wheelbase. I do like the shorter wheel base, i can clear stuff my buddies scx10's all get hung up on, but hell, i think it would be kinda cool as long as it isn't going to be super streched...

i just got the scx10 mip's for my G6. I was kind of thinking instead of choppin the driveshaft or buyin a $35 ax10 driveshaft for the rear end, how long of rear links do you think i would need to make the scx10 drive shaft work? Yes i am thinking of extending the wheelbase. I do like the shorter wheel base, i can clear stuff my buddies scx10's all get hung up on, but hell, i think it would be kinda cool as long as it isn't going to be super streched...

I cut about 5mm from the MIP rear driveshaft. However, I extended my rear links 5mm. So my calculated guess is that 10mm should do it. I think if you go with 10mm, the worst case scenario would be a little filing or trimming, but no cutting.

That's my guesstimate. Let me know how it works out. I think you can do it and it will come out good.

Thanks for the guestimate lol. I will be heading to my local hobby shop tomorrow, they said they make custom length control arms there... Sorry not meaning to jack your build thread lol.

Thanks for the guestimate lol. I will be heading to my local hobby shop tomorrow, they said they make custom length control arms there... Sorry not meaning to jack your build thread lol.

Your welcome. No problem digressing. I don't mind helping out and others might also find it helpful.

What do you think of these two colors?

szx05209_2_.jpg

szx05709-szx05209.jpg

szx05709_2_.jpg

I did some masking to paint the front and rear bumper mounts and the base of the rock sliders black.

20140405_180738-1.jpg

I was thinking about inner fender wells. I started with this.

20140405_140108-1.jpg

I made of couple rough of inner fenders, but decided not to go with the full inner fender wells. Instead I used a couple of flat pieces of plastic for my inner fender.

20140405_140604-1.jpg

I'll try to post some "after" photos later.

To be continued ...

Wouldn't it be easier to paint that stuff off of the rig?

I was thinking the same thing

Normally, I would have removed them, but after installing and uninstalling them many times, I got tired. Besides using an airbrush makes it easier to paint with precision.

I really didn't have to use that much masking because I was using an airbrush. It was just as a precaution.

Thank you for your comments.

This is the way my Jeep G6 currently sits. Last night I started soldering the wires on the ESC.

20140409_193306-1.jpg

20140409_193408-1.jpg

I came across these interesting paint jobs.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I like the way the flames continue all the way to the Jerry can. The cargo rack doesn't look to bad too.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Time permitting, I hope to install the ESC tonight.

To be continued ....

Last night I finished soldering up my ESC. I also made some modifications to my Project Box (Radio Shack).

I placed the ESC in the Project Box to get an idea of what I have to work with. This is what I have so far.

20140410_193926-1.jpg

Honestly, I' not sure if I can get everything I had in mind inside the box. I may have to go with a bigger box.

To be continued ....

I got a little more work done. Little by little I'm getting there.

It appears that this is the largest project box that will fit between the shock mounts/body posts. So I got to go with what I have and make it work.

I drilled holes for the wires and installed the ESC. Added some black silicone while I was at it.

I also notched out a spot for my power switch. I made it tight so It fits nice and snug. Nevertheless, I used a small dab of glue for good measure.

20140412_130228-1.jpg

Once the ESC was installed I soldered the wires to the motor.

20140412_185840.jpg

As far as waterproofing, I used the same silicone method that I used for my Jeep Unlimited (City Slicker) build. It appears to work so that's what I did to waterproof the motor. I also added some marine grease around the motor's output shaft.

To be continued ...

Radio Shack "project boxes". They're pretty cheap. I used double sided tape on mine to the rear cross member.

Back