• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trump's BA Axial Jeep G6 build with a twist.

FUZZY lookin' lilttle fella huh? But Hell..Ya never know you could have walked away with some cool powers or sometrhing....Then again you could have got sick and died too....... good call not going for it.....lol "thumbsup"

Rear rack looks sweet......... But it's just gonna snap off after cpl hard rolls no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FUZZY lookin' lilttle fella huh? But Hell..Ya never know you could have walked away with some cool powers or sometrhing....Then again you could have got sick and died too....... good call not going for it.....lol "thumbsup"

Yes, it is fuzzy. Ever since I saw what a Brown Recluse can to, I've been wray of spiders.

Found out it's a Daring Jumping spider. They jump away from fast approaching female spiders.

Rear rack looks sweet......... But it's just gonna snap off after cpl hard rolls no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. I think, and hope, that it will hold up to roll overs. I built the cargo rack so I can remove it If I want to. Time and roll overs will tell.

what are you running for drive shafts??? i am running a G6 with the vanquish DIG right now and just trimmed a few mm off the rear driveshaft.

The exact amount? Couldn't tell ya, just kept trimmin till it worked. I also had to clock my axle because the drive shaft would bind up. Idk if I just haven't seen them, but I don't think mip makes shafts for the g6 yet. I have been emailing Matt at mip about it. Trying to get a set of shafts made up so I can run them with the dig...

The exact amount? Couldn't tell ya, just kept trimmin till it worked. I also had to clock my axle because the drive shaft would bind up. Idk if I just haven't seen them, but I don't think mip makes shafts for the g6 yet. I have been emailing Matt at mip about it. Trying to get a set of shafts made up so I can run them with the dig...

Thank you for posting.

I got a lot of work done. I built my rock sliders and installed my MIP driveshafts.

Here are my rock sliders.

20140329_160249-1.jpg

20140329_160311-1.jpg

Now that I got my rock sliders done that should be the end of my metal work. It should be down hill from here.

Tomorrow I'll post how I did my MIP driveshafts since it involves several steps. Gonna call it a night

To be continued ...

Thank you for posting.

I got a lot of work done. I built my rock sliders and installed my MIP driveshafts.

Tomorrow I'll post how I did my MIP driveshafts since it involves several steps. Gonna call it a night

To be continued ...

I am interested in seeing how you did this... Part numbers??? Did you have to clock those axels at all? Probably isn't binding up like mine was with the MIP's

Good work, reminds me of my ax10 shafty days. I had the Vp dig also. Its a great piece."thumbsup"

sweet, nice write up on the Drive shafts. I am considering taking the DIG off my truck. I do not run competitions and i am looking more for reliability. Talked to Matt at MIP he said that the SCX10 kit should work just fine for the G6. (for everyone not running dig)

sweet, nice write up on the Drive shafts. I am considering taking the DIG off my truck. I do not run competitions and i am looking more for reliability. Talked to Matt at MIP he said that the SCX10 kit should work just fine for the G6. (for everyone not running dig)

Thank you.

Try MIP driveshaft part #09137. This will solve your issue and you won't have to uninstall your DIG.

A friend told me about this after I modified my driveshaft. Since I already had the MIP driveshafts I didn't mind making them work.

mip-part-09137p.jpg

^^^Sweet! thank you.

are the vanquish Dig output shafts the same size as the Stock axial shafts?

^^^Sweet! thank you.

are the vanquish Dig output shafts the same size as the Stock axial shafts?

I have to assume that they are because the MIP driveshafts are specifically for the SCX10 and they fit perfectly on the VP Dig.

Its amazing the things that are made possible with a dig. You wont be dissapointed"thumbsup"

Thank you. I wanted to do something completely different then a typically setup.

I did some powder coating the other day. I have some good news and some bad news. The good news. The front bumper and rock sliders came out good.

The bad news. My dual Jerry can holder and cargo rack couldn't take the heat and feel apart. I may try to salvage the Jerry can holder. If and when I'm in the mood to fiddle, I'll revisit the cargo rack.

Here's the front bumper.

20140331_142613-1-1.jpg

20140331_142621-1.jpg

The rock sliders.

20140331_142633-1.jpg

I'm a little down, but not out.

To be continued ...

Very snazzy.......LOL snazzy? That's what I come up with snazzy? I'm ashamed :oops:

:lmao:

Back