• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trump's BA Axial Jeep G6 build with a twist.

Last week I had some time to clean up my wires. I didn't add any silicone around the Rx box yet. I'm going to wait a little bit and let the wires conform a bit.

20150224_194729.jpg

20150224_194747.jpg

I used a small piece of double sided tape to mount my switch.

20150224_194756.jpg

I can't wait to take her out.

This is a very impressive build, I love the parts you selected and fabricated. I actually just started on a G6 myself and have a question for you. I've been looking at the currie axles but noticed that the links for the currie axles are for a 12.3" wheelbase. Our g6's have a 12.0" wheelbase. What links did you end up using for the curries? Thanks in advance for any feedback you could provide me!

Aaron

This is a very impressive build, I love the parts you selected and fabricated. I actually just started on a G6 myself and have a question for you. I've been looking at the currie axles but noticed that the links for the currie axles are for a 12.3" wheelbase. Our g6's have a 12.0" wheelbase. What links did you end up using for the curries? Thanks in advance for any feedback you could provide me!

Aaron

Thank you for your nice comment. I used the 12.3" links. However, I used spacers to push the wheelbase out to 12.5" (shhhh ... it's a secret). I like the performance I get with the extra long wheelbase. Call it a personal preference. The longer wheelbase increases the approach angle. If I recall correctly, I have a 70° approach angle in the front.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions.

Amazing g6 build Trump!"thumbsup" So much inspiration for my scx10. Love how you kept it simple (to me), scale, and capable. Again"thumbsup"

Back