• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trump's BA Axial Jeep G6 build with a twist.

Here are a few more original size pictures from Vasquez Rocks, CA:

DSC01025.JPG

DSC01026.JPG

DSC01032.JPG

DSC01033.JPG

great looking rig! I am in the middle of building a G6 myself. how do you like the ROC setup vs the fxr 35t setup? I am still debating with which one I should go with

great looking rig! I am in the middle of building a G6 myself. how do you like the ROC setup vs the fxr 35t setup? I am still debating with which one I should go with

Thank you.

I like having the extra speed that the ROC412 (3100kv) can provide. However, I'm having a heat issue with the RS Gen2. The motor temps are ok, just the ESC seems to be running a little hot. I installed a BEC to take some of the load off the ESC and it helped a little, but still running hot. I plan on running it with the RS Gen2, but at some time in the future will probably try a MMP

Thanks again. I look forward to seeing your G6 in the picture thread.

I came across your pics in the SCX10 picture thread while looking for inspiration for my 4 door build. I must say that I was seriously inspired when I saw yours. All the details and the photo quality really stand out. You nailed the old school and hot rod looks with the whip antennae/tennis ball and the low mounted lightbar that gives it a chop-top look.

You have built a rig with great scale realism without going into over the top fabrication and sacrificing too much functionality. That is exactly what I want to do with my 4 door. I applaud your work. "thumbsup"

Your rig is now my wallpaper to remind me of my inspiration until I am finished with mine. 8)

I came across your pics in the SCX10 picture thread while looking for inspiration for my 4 door build. I must say that I was seriously inspired when I saw yours. All the details and the photo quality really stand out. You nailed the old school and hot rod looks with the whip antennae/tennis ball and the low mounted lightbar that gives it a chop-top look.

You have built a rig with great scale realism without going into over the top fabrication and sacrificing too much functionality. That is exactly what I want to do with my 4 door. I applaud your work. "thumbsup"

Your rig is now my wallpaper to remind me of my inspiration until I am finished with mine. 8)

Hi Grizzy4x4,

Thank you for your compliment and for taking the time to post such a nice comment. To come from an RC veteran of your stature means a lot. I'm glad you found some inspiration. Your compliment, and the compliment and comments of others, makes building more enjoyable. Just knowing one is inspired and appreciates the work and time I put into this build makes all the effort more gratifying.

When I wrote the title I was hesitant to write BA. I didn't want to come off as arrogant or preposterous from someone new to the hobby. However, I thought I could do something special and different. And I was really inspired by that black CJ5 Jeep.

Once again thank you for commenting. By the way, which photo did you select for your wallpaper? Do you have a hyperlink to your build?

Eric

Where did you get that antenna and tennis ball? I love it!

I made both of them. My son brought me a piece of wire from a hardware store. He made an antennae for his Jeep too. I used a bead for the tennis ball. I put glue on the bead and sprinkled real tennis ball shavings and rolled the bead and shavings with my fingers. Oh! Before I put glue on the tennis ball (bead) I drilled a hole through it.

Hi Grizzy4x4,

Thank you for your compliment and for taking the time to post such a nice comment. To come from an RC veteran of your stature means a lot. I'm glad you found some inspiration. Your compliment, and the compliment and comments of others, makes building more enjoyable. Just knowing one is inspired and appreciates the work and time I put into this build makes all the effort more gratifying.

When I wrote the title I was hesitant to write BA. I didn't want to come off as arrogant or preposterous from someone new to the hobby. However, I thought I could do something special and different. And I was really inspired by that black CJ5 Jeep.

Once again thank you for commenting. By the way, which photo did you select for your wallpaper? Do you have a hyperlink to your build?

Eric
I am honored that you would think my opinion would matter at all. 8)
I spent years trying to inspire people with my builds so I am glad that you were able to do the same for me. I understand the feeling you get when your work is appreciated and your work is deserving of that appreciation.

I think the name for your rig is fitting because you put in the time to make the name justified and make the rig stand out; which is tough to do on this board anymore. I can also appreciate how the name came about and it makes sense. "thumbsup"

I finally got around to starting a build thread on mine. I've got to catch up on updates but I suspect this build will not be done anytime soon. :ror:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axia...zs-scale-adventure-trail-rig.html#post4876738

Back