• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Trikahilux, tricks a hilux...4door

Trikahilux

Rock Stacker
Hi all!

this will be my second posted build. I've been toying with this truck for awhile now and its under gone several changes! originally i had planed on a 4door but got side tracked by all the sweet truggies that where popping out at that time. so i resently stumbled on a few sweet yotas an desided i had procrastinated enough an it was time to get this idea of mine done!!

the build details:

rc4wd trail finder1 chasses, leafs up front 4link rear

tlt axles, locked loaded an flipped (because of leafs)

rc4wd 2speed linked to axial trans' plus HR dig

sidewinder brushless esc, JR rec'/controler for now. (its only 3 channal) high touque servo, winch, ect.

this is the truggy to be chopped, an chasses utilized.
a>

and then i did this, didn't like how the geometry was so off!
a>

see?
a>

and now the 4door
a>

poser pics, mocked up, suspension hung.
a>

a>

getting the bed dropped
a>

getting the cracks filled, styreeeeen smoothed, tailgate smoothed as well.
a>

relocated the shocks, there off a touring car. going to remove the TF body mounts and debating cutting the shock mounts as well. or cutting the bed and hidding them with a 1st gen lux half camper or tool box. suggestions??
a>

some drive train pics. that esc is toasted, an thats a cheapy 85t aka hella slow! (outed)
a>

a>

this is a tlt axle shaft with the cc01 joint, the Axial trains has one of the exstended hubs plus a bushing an the "lug nut" holding it in place.
a>

a>

i forgot to mention the fender flairs, there from a rally truck idea i had that never was finished... they make me want to biuld a hood scoop of some sort. haha :oops:
thats about it so far, thanks for looking!

Last edited:
update!

trimmed the shock mounts off.
a>

got the bed about done just need to add the strips.
a>

started a new front clip, adding detales.
a>

a>

and i ordered these beauties, should be here any day now.
a>

Later.

Last edited:
Nice. Digging those fenders sir.

Thank you sir!

unfortunitly im at a standstill do to the lockal shot having vertually no supply of "crawler product" as they put it. :x

time to search the net and get this truck back on track!!

updates soon "thumbsup"

Back