• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tribute to my Dad's 79 F100 featuring Banzai

Re: Tribute to my Dad's 79 F-150 RANGER LARIAT

Hmm. That's pretty fancy. I have seen that bumper on a trx4 bronco but I think it looks better on there. Fantastic!

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk

Wow its a nice day out in San Diego! What to do?!

Oh! I can paint my tiny truck!

First coats of almond for the cab, sides, and tailgate...
jp9bol.jpg

Mmmm... Glossy...
23sbwg9.jpg

But where is the grill?

Oh, here it is!

esoisl.jpg

I really like these molotow chrome pens!

Last edited:
Shinchu!

Yer Ford is shaping up to be even better than I thought possible!

"thumbsup"

Pop's 1:1 was in decent shape minus light scrapes from sage brush we often encountered not far from apple valley. He was proud of her appearance, waxed every 6 months, but that never stopped him from doing "truck stuff" :)

So yeah not much paint weathering. Haha I do remember his exhaust pipe had holes from rust at the end though.
If I remember to do it, and if I have time, I will add exhaust.
Lots of little details moght not make it on there for proline. But eventually this will be like more of an rc model kit with every detail I can remember.
Yes, very much a "doll house" truck.

Then I will need another rig later for "serious business" ;)

Looks good. I can't wait to see paint on it.

What are you using for the chrome? That looks really good.

That molotow chrome pen right thurrrrr!!!
I love that thing! It was likr 4 bux at hobby lobby.

Stuff is seriously great. I only primered that grill once and lightly sanded. The chrome goes on thick and lays down so evenly, after its third coat you cant even tell this was 3d printed anymore.

Last edited:
That molotow chrome pen right thurrrrr!!!
I love that thing! It was likr 4 bux at hobby lobby.

Stuff is seriously great. I only primered that grill once and lightly sanded. The chrome goes on thick and lays down so evenly, after its third coat you cant even tell this was 3d printed anymore.
Thanks, I will be picking up one of those.

Nice! Be carefull you wont be able to stop yourself from chroming everything!

My cat is shiny now....

Color combo sneak peek...

20190427-204712-HDR.jpg
Very nice Chris, you have come a long way since the day you first got Bulldog in the mail. "thumbsup";-) Looking forward to seeing you guys again at PLBTF! And keep up the good work young man!

Ernie

Thank you gents. Its very humbling to hear how far my abilities have come. I have done a LOT of research, asked you all a bunch of questions, and received A TON of help from you all.
Literally could not have done this without all of you.
Each and every single person who has posted here has contributed somehow, wether they know it or not.

And we arent done yet!!!
Still need to do a bunch of detail work.
Starting with proper masking of the two tone paint. Then I need to put all the trim/badges on (lariats have both in abundance) attach my mounting system, LIGHTS (in the mail as I type), interior...
I still have no idea who to use for driver figures.

So yeah... LOTS of work to be done yet. No way will I have all of it done before proline, but I should have it about an acceptable 90% there.

Rootbeer metallic is laying down nicely, and that chrome pen, wow! So much Ascender assembling to prepare for PLBTF.

Back