• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Styrene Challenge - #1 - Toolbox

well, I got them attached to the bottom of the box, and for as crude as they looked in the previous pic:oops: they actually don't look that bad mounted. and believe it or not, it sits level, on all 4-no teetering:shock:

now the only thing left is some minor detailing and it'll be finished. I will see to that task after I get a good nap.

now, as long as I wake up in time.................:roll:

well..............for what it's worth, I did some final detail on the handle and drawer edges using a silver metallic sharpie. they're a lil easier to use than a paint marker and just as effective."thumbsup"

well, here's my head mechanic with his new tool chest. hope he gets some good use out of it:roll:

well, I caught him a lil later in the shop with his back turned. he was suppose to be checking my newly acquired Yj out for me, making sure everything is tight and legit for when I get a chance to take it on the trails.

but honestly, I think he's still admiring the new tool box and hasn't touched my jeep. I don't see a tool one, not even an opened drawer:roll:

then, even later, still no tools in sight:x well looks like the wheels may work after all, he has moved it though:lmao:

thnks for all that have looked and liked. this, although a quick and hurriedly build for me, has been fun and I'm looking forward to the next one.

and good luck to all that have entered this fun lil challenge"thumbsup"

More pics of that YJ! Nice build, BTW!

well, I caught him a lil later in the shop with his back turned. he was suppose to be checking my newly acquired Yj out for me, making sure everything is tight and legit for when I get a chance to take it on the trails.

but honestly, I think he's still admiring the new tool box and hasn't touched my jeep. I don't see a tool one, not even an opened drawer:roll:

then, even later, still no tools in sight:x well looks like the wheels may work after all, he has moved it though:lmao:

thnks for all that have looked and liked. this, although a quick and hurriedly build for me, has been fun and I'm looking forward to the next one.

and good luck to all that have entered this fun lil challenge"thumbsup"

40 minutes left to enter! So far I have 4 qualifying entries:

JBailey
spankbomb
sideweeler
FATBOYrs10

jrkilburn - only needs to post up his finished toolbox!

8aryzuqa.jpg
sorry so last minute, just got home from a long day. This is the hinge I came up with. Figuring out the angles was fun but it turned out nice and tight.

pamusa6u.jpg
final product, coated with plasti dip to get the same look as the one in my H3T.

Thanks for looking.

Back