• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

'Tera Killer' mud truck

Thanks guys.

The lowers are 3/16 also. I still may add some extra gussets in there too. I pounded on this pretty good and it took a couple licks.

The rolled tube look got old quick in my opinion. Straight lines are the strongest too.

Couple reinforcements here and there and she'll be in the for sale section "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Crawler Innovations purchased this rig as a roller. After installing electronics to get it running, right away the proto type locker and axle set up Bart had used failed completely. The only solution was to remove a set of old school CDW spools out of a german made torsion chassis built with Forced alxes that was on display in the shop. Once I did that, this truck has been up and running since. It's in this short video at the end.

This video is a compilation of video footage from many different locations using RC cars Crawler Innovations has built and used to test and develop CI products. This video features the 1:6 Willys Jeep, the Forced Wraith, Big Blue, a Wrexo, two different 2.2 Pro MOA Rock Crawlers; Top Shelf, the Mini Clod, the 1:5 Savage, and the Mega Truck. All vehicles have build threads on the rccrawler forum. All vehicles have Crawler Innovations foams in one flavor or another.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DOeffAc56nY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Rig when it arrived:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493205.183622.jpg

For electronics I installed:
Castle Creation MMP One cell Esc
Castle Creation BEC
Hitec 7954 steering servo
Generic 1:8 motor
3s lipo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493318.434272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493333.881014.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493348.812138.jpg

..Uploaded from the lab @ the C.I. Compound...

Somewhere in this section is a partial build thread on this torsion chassis I acquired through a customer. Thankfully it had the needed lockers:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493459.102104.jpg

Pic after first run and locker failure:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493498.666695.jpg

CDW locker on left, proto on right;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493522.136139.jpg

The failed proto parts;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493572.295931.jpg

Proven CDW goodness with under drive helical cut gears;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439493625.381642.jpg

More to come on this rig...

With the axles fixed, it was clear that the stock foams and the high KV motor were not a match. It turns out that our Deuce's Wild 3.8" XL foam; Part # CWR-3009, fits the RC4WD 40 series Mud Slinger Tires perfectly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439494556.625408.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439494578.733828.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439494605.073263.jpg

Vid please!
Just saw post #84, sweet!
Need some muddin footage!

Last edited:
Very cool. "thumbsup"

Looks like you are on a twin force fix. How about adding a forced shafty to your collection.

Look great! Glad you're enjoying it. What failed the set screws come loose or the shafts come apart? Or both? Just curious.

It was the lockers that failed. Both sides of the locker, front and rear. The shafts you made held up and I kept them and the lockers and may try them in a rock crawler only build and see if they hold up with 2.2" size tires.

Back