• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Soze's MST CFX-W Build

:lmao: You have great taste in crawlers! I have both of those as well. Love my K10.

"thumbsup" The K10 is my son's. He sort of "claimed" it.

I don't know if I have great taste or if I just end up picking up everything! :lmao:

I've got an SCX10.2 Kit waiting to be built and plan on getting the TRX-4 Kit next year as well.

"thumbsup" The K10 is my son's. He sort of "claimed" it.

I don't know if I have great taste or if I just end up picking up everything! :lmao:

I've got an SCX10.2 Kit waiting to be built and plan on getting the TRX-4 Kit next year as well.

You're a better Dad than I am. lol My son tried to claim one of my trucks and I said.. noooo.... these are MY toys.. I just let you USE them.

That's one truck I don't own is an SCX10.2. I'm holding out for that TRX4 kit next year as well.

How well does the Ascender K10 + Truggy cage fit on the CFX? Do the rear body posts of the cage fit into the holes on the chassis? Is the CFX chassis too long?

How well does the Ascender K10 + Truggy cage fit on the CFX? Do the rear body posts of the cage fit into the holes on the chassis? Is the CFX chassis too long?

You know... I actually do have an extra Ascender K10 cage and mounting bracket for the ascender cage. I'll see if I can check the fit with my CFX-W when I get the chance.

Took the CFX-W out for a run.

oHR-PRrkcWEW4smumuX4VmQ5GJFicLa46NyaQjfvRkLMxIYKIhlDWa8sOdJvoOb1nbW_3LnDVH7cORhXkYFMNufqNZAo9fB7hZ_lItfSqUoNYqQvflMLuIo8l_E_frGSdwbmUpwsPlhlKOQi21mvOvCxoaAq8LTM5wBJAAwP5z0XcLKZkbq0FOkUQwxhs0todDo3mvg3H2F5UHHLrtx442__BtBkL10w9t5paeBLGpkKiXMDpjHo8WJlTsOHXhTkAUUHDAla_1m0c7JuebwRhrOmx1kUQniS-PHMdwpLPOv3s1hkVMfhfe4_vJAWSLnfvEtwfZtYj8FzN2jmZfSdODp9ekX7T4ai3WjsY0CxWHWsycxnjdPJZ7P3vPfz4LGshO5GM9m_BvNVOkMIi12QyhlMYqpwejS4Q5AqCogcV7lGy2p1j8u3Gb8TgVbh2aSDnDihcI8Ez0yfTH1MRiHvdrSoV9mqBijJcquMBbfQyPpi0DvRAi88IKoViSLCIGB4WZQQyiGsz56SJFuJmCf_8YpN-VIPXOnyvDMw-tQCs6FL7DFDzV_T-mxCPTRFreud_qGgpsaOQ8zNYplAkpdPmDivE67WBTe1prvvBsN9XrMA3LLedFTyd96y7BqBYvHpskvOAacIhyLLiE1AQ7S8TqrN=w1024-h576-no

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fb02AwprVas" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice build!
I'm contemplating the same body for my next project, nice to see how it looks.
In my idea the body should sit way lower than you had, something like removing the Hilux bumper and lowering the grille to line up with the stock bumper. Don't know if fenders can be widened enough without turning out of shape, or if tires selection will be slightly limited in diameter... That's just an idea at the moment. "thumbsup"

Oh, one question on your last video, maybe the recording is exaggerating the noise, but it sounds like the motor pinion is too tight on spur, or there's a pitch pinion on a metric spur... :roll:

Nice build!
I'm contemplating the same body for my next project, nice to see how it looks.
In my idea the body should sit way lower than you had, something like removing the Hilux bumper and lowering the grille to line up with the stock bumper. Don't know if fenders can be widened enough without turning out of shape, or if tires selection will be slightly limited in diameter... That's just an idea at the moment. "thumbsup"

Oh, one question on your last video, maybe the recording is exaggerating the noise, but it sounds like the motor pinion is too tight on spur, or there's a pitch pinion on a metric spur... :roll:

Yeah, lowering the body is something I've been planning on. The problem right now is the rear body posts (they are all the way down already). The way the front bumper mounts is not ideal either, so I've been looking at different mounts that I could use.

Regarding the pinion, it's a mod 6 pinion which is correct. It didn't seem that loud in person, so it may be the video. Worth checking the mesh again, as I did take a few tumbles with it.

Ok, I see... the deep bed.
I'll have to check from real, but if it's in the way, the only reasonable option would be replicating the DinkyRC cantilever with horizontal shocks. Uhm...
planning, planning....:roll:

Ok, I see... the deep bed.
I'll have to check from real, but if it's in the way, the only reasonable option would be replicating the DinkyRC cantilever with horizontal shocks. Uhm...
planning, planning....:roll:

To really get around the issue, you'd have to get rid of those rear shock hoops. You could probably use shock keys and mount the rear shocks at more of an angle (which would perform better anyways). As far as body posts go in the rear, maybe create some kind of mount that uses velcros or magnets using the tray in the rear.

Too much angle in the rear shocks could give a lot of body roll... Maybe moving the lower shock mount to the "C" bolt below the axle and a low profile custom hoop?

Back