• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Soze's MST CFX-W Build

Made some progress this weekend up to a stock build.

Next steps... figure out what body to use and I've got some upgrades already on the way.

Just a little test fitting. Still need to extend the wheelbase from 300mm to 313mm. I can do it with the spacers provided in the kit, but I'm going to wait for my Boom Racing links to arrive.

35169397001_5ba29f91aa_b.jpg

I'm currently trying to figure the best way to lower my wheelbase to 275. I was trying to measure the links and use math to figure how how much I need to cut off each one, but there wasn't a clean way to measure everything. I think I need to build a stand that holds the axles and frame in place so I can measure how long each link needs to be.

I'm currently trying to figure the best way to lower my wheelbase to 275. I was trying to measure the links and use math to figure how how much I need to cut off each one, but there wasn't a clean way to measure everything. I think I need to build a stand that holds the axles and frame in place so I can measure how long each link needs to be.

I just extended my wheelbase to 310mm using the 5mm plastic spacers included in the kit. I added 5mm to each end of the rear upper and lower links.

So... the stock 300mm wheelbase uses:

upper links - 76mm link tubes
lower links - 60.5mm link tubes

Kit comes with 5mm spacers.

So MST makes the following 267mm link kit. A little pricey, but if you use this, and add the 5mm spacers on each end to the rear links.. you'll end up at 277mm. Close to what you want.

Mst CMX Alum. link set (267mm) (black) [210538BK]

51wh9VShVjL.jpg

Last edited:
Quick and easy way to get you in the ballpark... take your current WB, subtract the WB you want, chop that amount off the rear uppers and lowers. You can fine tune from there.

I mock up using 3mm all-thread usually, then the permanent links can be built. It allows for a cheap way to be precise, you can also pre-bend links if you want and then measure overall eye to eye and angles if you are making or buying custom links.

Extended my wheelbase out to 310mm by using the included plastic 5mm spacers from the kit.

34611065783_4027937612_b.jpg

35290882111_390ba6c0d4_b.jpg

Also made a ghetto lexan tray to mount my esc. Eh whatever, it's sturdy and puts the esc where I want it.

34611060293_0b9f602941_b.jpg

34611055033_4b63350a82_b.jpg

I have that link kit as well (at least using the front half of it on my W). I can't argue with the quality and they weren't terribly expensive either. I hope other start supporting this platform as well.

Sent from my phone because mail is so 1990

Just pulled the trigger on some RCNerd and Knight Customs 3D printed parts from shapeways. Mainly the grille, light buckets, and mirrors. Still undecided on the knight customs roll bar. I want to see if I can find a different one that fits. the Pro-Line SR5 body.

Nowhere close to finished, but progress nonetheless. Painted the main coat for the body. Still need to paint the diamond plate box in the bed where the body posts mount, and paint the black trim around the windows.

I still have not put on the Boom Racing links.

Also waiting on shapeways parts to come in for the grill and lights. Still deciding on what to do for a roll bar.

Pictures of progress.

34742209244_2366cb28f4_b.jpg

35196603970_95388e9c15_b.jpg

34742204554_3cf8a9de46_b.jpg

Back