• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Silent outrunner and ESC for less then $60

Hello, anybody used 4s with this firmware?
I am experiencing overheating

I am using Skystar 50a and Aikon 45a with Iflight50 firmware, getting hot quickly, and activate the ESC thermal cutoff in less than 5 minute of indoor running

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Hello, anybody used 4s with this firmware?
I am experiencing overheating

I am using Skystar 50a and Aikon 45a with Iflight50 firmware, getting hot quickly, and activate the ESC thermal cutoff in less than 5 minute of indoor running

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
What firmware do you use ??

Hi guys, i’m pretty late in the game but i want to know what would work best with a yellowjacket 2000kv. It say 32A max on the box

What does best mean?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Well i dont know i’m new in this i read all the forum thread. I see a lot of lower kv motors. I have a 2000kv 14pole 32a outrunner and i want a compact esc. I guess a 40a am32 esc paired with an external bec would be the way to go.

Most of the store bought ones work good. But they are designed for higher voltages and don't sense low speeds as well as one you can make yourself.

Best ones are home made as they can be designed to your specific needs.

For store bought ones I look for the ones where the mosfets are closest to the motor wires. Those handle the heat better.

The ones I recommend are now impossible to find. So I don't recommend specific ones any more. They all work good enough imo.

Last edited:
I purchased a preprogrammed Wraith32 ESC. Turns out that the motor won't arm when paired with my Sanwa radio. The motor beeps then responds only to reverse briefly then after that no response at all forward or reverse. I've toyed with the neutral range without any success and also attempted to adjust radio settings in case there was an issue there. I'm stumped as to what might be different about the Sanwa neutral signal or what else might be preventing the motor from arming properly. (battery good, connections good, wiring correct, etc) If anyone has a suggestion as to where else I might look, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Version 1.85

(In the mean time, I'll be connecting the ESC to a friends FlySky radio to ensure that the ESC was properly programmed etc. I also have ESC's on order from RTFQ for programming that I'll be doing myself.)

Last edited:
I purchased a preprogrammed Wraith32 ESC. Turns out that the motor won't arm when paired with my Sanwa radio. The motor beeps then responds only to reverse briefly then after that no response at all forward or reverse. I've toyed with the neutral range without any success and also attempted to adjust radio settings in case there was an issue there. I'm stumped as to what might be different about the Sanwa neutral signal or what else might be preventing the motor from arming properly. (battery good, connections good, wiring correct, etc) If anyone has a suggestion as to where else I might look, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Version 1.85

(In the mean time, I'll be connecting the ESC to a friends FlySky radio to ensure that the ESC was properly programmed etc. I also have ESC's on order from RTFQ for programming that I'll be doing myself.)

It could be misconfigured, you should try to build a bridge with an arduino, folllow the first post guide.

Hey folks I think I'm going to dive into this. Anyone have any idea what the pinout is for the Emax Formula 45 esc? I assume it's 2 of the 4 circled pads.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/OldTE4e" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/OldTE4e"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hi guys,
I'm trying to setup a Flycolor ESC with BLHeli32 and I'm running to the same issue described here:
https://github.com/bitdump/BLHeli/issues/605

Anyone had similar issue with flashing a ESC with BLHeli32?

Basically I can connectread the ESC but I can't flash/upload anything to the esc... I have 2 of them and the act the same.

Be part of the slack AM32 group ...lots of folks had flashed that esc ...somebody certainly can point you in the right direction"thumbsup"

Did you flash the AM32 firmware?
Any video of how to make it?

I follow the video to setup BLHelli32 bit it just doesn't write anything to the ESC... Giving me a error message.
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UkXtWBAaHKw" title="YouTube video player" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

The wires need to be like 4in or shorter with God connections or error. Also you need to erase blheli first. Te erase blheli you need to unlock the bootloader security bits. This is done with st link. Lots of people have issues with st-links not connecting reliably.

hi, the question is more about Voodoo, in general, I ordered a TEKKO f4 45a controller (a copy of Wraith32), a chip not STM32 but at32f421k8u7, stcube cannot interact with it....what about that?

hi, the question is more about Voodoo, in general, I ordered a TEKKO f4 45a controller (a copy of Wraith32), a chip not STM32 but at32f421k8u7, stcube cannot interact with it....what about that?
Well if it's not a stm chip why would it work with stcube? Am32 also needs to have the programming for the chip. Which it probably doesn't. But there have been more chips added recently. I haven't been following close though. These questions are better asked in am32 slack chat where Alka will respond.

Back