• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX10-III: Things to know before you build yours (Tips)

M3 x .5 Metric Tap

Rich

Anyone know/has link to US supplier that sells these? I found a few on eBay but all they say is “M3”

BTW thanks for taking the time and posting this thread where it counts! Looks like I bought my first Axial at the right time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odds are that if it says M3 it is going to be M3x0.5mm as that is the standard size and most widely used M3 thread pitch. M3x0.35mm is almost unheard of and rarely used.

Exactly...sorry I wasn't clear.
No worries...all cleared up. I'll probably get the SCX10.3, but will have to wait until this whole coronavirus thing is over, I'm back to work, and I finish the other projects in working on...or, at least, finish most of the others. Since u expect the TF2 project to take several months, I could probably be working on that, and the SCX10.3 during the same period. With that, back to work on my BR Mint 400 Edition...have some hop-ups to install.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Hello Rich.

I found that the manual on side 34 Step F-9 and 35 Step F-10 might be wrong.

There is shown that the dampers should be mounted on the inside of the axle consoles and the links on the outside. The following picture on the next sides show it the other way round - in my opinion the right way: dampers outside, links inside.

Am i right or wrong?

Greetings Roland

Hello Rich.

I found that the manual on side 34 Step F-9 and 35 Step F-10 might be wrong.

There is shown that the dampers should be mounted on the inside of the axle consoles and the links on the outside. The following picture on the next sides show it the other way round - in my opinion the right way: dampers outside, links inside.

Am i right or wrong?

Greetings Roland

You are correct but this is the challenge with 2D drawings. It is difficult to point out super clear where these may mount...but if you look at your box and all images of the product online it should be clear that the shocks are on the outside.

Rich

Here's something else you should know. Pay attention when you are assembling the transmission. When you get done and there is 1 E-clip sitting on the table staring back at you, you aren't going to be too happy. Trust me on that.

Rbspeed, links inside and shocks outside as per pictures on Horizon's site, but downloaded manual I printed looks opposite as you stated. Oops Rich beat me to it, thanks for clarification Rich! :)

GA Dawg, that sucks...where's that e-clip go?

Last edited:
Here's something else you should know. Pay attention when you are assembling the transmission. When you get done and there is 1 E-clip sitting on the table staring back at you, you aren't going to be too happy. Trust me on that.

I was so relieved when I got through the shocks and the transmission without any missing or extra clips.

I like how all of the plastic parts are loose and there weren’t any parts tree leftovers on the parts that needed to be cleaned up. The spacers for the shocks were perfect thankfully.

GA Dawg, that sucks...where's that e-clip go?
I think there was an extra in the bag, because I just got done tearing it down and rebuilding it and everything is as it should be. Now I'm madder than I was before. Time for a drink!

Have a few questions related to the adjustable chassis rails...questions that I'm hoping Rich and/those who've received their kits, can answer.

1) As anyone who's been posting attention to this release knows, the 'stock' configuration is 312-313mm...bur, what is the longest, as well as the shortest, wheelbase the chassis rails can be configured for?

2) As the rails have pre-drilled holes, what are the actual wheelbase lengths the rails can be configured for?

3) (this question is primarily directed at Rich, as he might be the only one with the answer to this question) Can additional holes be drilled in the results, to create a longer wheelbase (I'm assuming the answer to this past will be 'yes'), and, if so, what would be the maximum wheelbase WITHOUT jeopardising structural integrity of the chassis?

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place [emoji1690]

Back