• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Project Landcruiser HJ75

What has been done cannot be undone. Time to get more brake line.

Tappin' it.

Attachments

• IMG_20130731_231521.jpg
    IMG_20130731_231521.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 938
Last edited:
It was just way too top-and-back heavy. There was no chance of it being competitive as a C2 rig. I will definitely be going with more of a truggy rear end.

I love everything about this build so far. WHere did you get the cab? The front and rear cage design look damn good, fantastic idea & immaculate execution! Any progress on this build since? I'm dying to see more! MOAR!!!!!!!!

Because of the roof bowing in so badly (looked much worse in person), I decided to cut it out and build it up with styrene.

3u9ehy5e.jpg

yvaqaqas.jpg

I began the new roof with some slats of styrene, and will either cover that with some thinner styrene, or see of its possible to just fill the gaps with putty once the bracing is completed.

6uba9e3a.jpg

And the beginning of the bracing for the new roof.

ahu4atat.jpg

This will recommence as a truggy build with just enough tubing on the rear to hold a spare and a toolbox.

Tappa who?

OK. Ripped all that crap off the roof and, after sanding the front edge of the roof to straighten it, I glued the front edge of the roof back on. I'll be looking for some thick styrene to serve as a single plug for the roof. I've tried using layers of styrene to plug the hole, and strips, so now I'll try a single piece.

esu9u9ad.jpg

Tappa who?

Going to be getting back to it this summer. I'm building up a lexan Cherokee at the moment. There is a lot of tube work that need to be done, and frankly, I am dreading that.

Re: Crocodile Hunter Landcruiser 78 Truggy

Nice work here! I am working on a build of this truck hope it turns out as nice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Crocodile Hunter Landcruiser 78 Truggy

Thanks. I need to get back to it. I have bunch of trucks in parts and just can't seem to find the time to get back to them. This is next on the list though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back