• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

not another Bomber build thread, no really

No worries, I was just busting your chops on the pic size!

Hell, I’m not sure I even know how to post a pic anymore, used to use photophucket years ago.

Now that I can see the photo better, are those the soft dd? I have the medium and your tires (at least the front) have a lot more surface area than mine.

No worries, I was just busting your chops on the pic size!.

Hell, I’m not sure I even know how to post a pic anymore, used to use photophucket years ago.

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened there. I'm using the Tapatalk app to post pics most of the time. Sometimes I'll use Flickr because I have a free account there (1000 pics limit)

Now that I can see the photo better, are those the soft dd? I have the medium and your tires (at least the front) have a lot more surface area than mine.

They're numbers 1044 and 1045. So the fronts are soft, rears are medium. But the size is 5.25 with comp cut inners. They seem a bit small for the 5.5" tires but they'll work. I know CI recommends sizing down on their 1.9 foams but I don't think that's true with the 2.2s.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I'm using the 6" comp cut dd in my SS Xl's, but those are 5.8" tires, they fill the tires, that's for sure! I had firm in the back and medium up front, I felt the firm were, well, too firm for my rig. I recently switched to medium all around. I will see how it performs and how everything breaks in before making any other tire/foam changes.

I have another set of rims on the way (thanks again to you and SCX10 JK for the info on the different rims) to put my stock tires on, I need to get some new foams for them- probably go with 5.5" DD comp cut medium.

Yeah, it's the kit version so it came with plastic beadlocks. I did try to get some Traxxas canyon trail tires off the factory glued rims with a heat gun but it didn't end well.

i carefully cut a set of trail canyons off some RTR bronco wheels with an exacto.
just make several passes while peeling the bead up, just take your time and it works.

are trail canyons in demand? i just wanted the wheels.

good looking rig! and iirc i think barndog actually sold me those traxxas wheels lol

I wondered about being careful with an exacto, and that was going to be what I tried if the light bulb method didn't work. But I can report that the light bulb method works extremely good, with very minimal mess or stank.

Had fun playing in the snow with my Bomber today. Now she needs to melt and dry off
0e83cf6476ac8d3cd528ea516368a049.jpg
622b4daf3f6aae252837951b05087165.jpg
580af1a4704c634da1a0867ac56c156e.jpg
1946567fe63318d6412d3c6ef58c1a23.jpg
ec7638dc7132ad200300cebdfb508dc7.jpg
c787ae51f12cef05bd16176211c1e5d4.jpg

Too funny. I did the exact thing on the same material (dg/sand mix) dirt pile in my back yard a few days ago, but with my Capra, not my Bomber. "thumbsup"

Broke 2 more rod ends and the 3D printed front bumper, but I got her put back together.

730db768df8be183efae02c403d1cad3.jpg

15738f039384a50aefe160dbf7421419.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back