• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

NIRC 2011 Top Truck Challenge

That sinks BUt he is out of the U.S so crap happens.

Wait to you see what I will be running.....

something with wraith axles?... :flipoff:
i'd consider running the black heep with the wraith axles but i dont have the time this week to tear it apart and waterproof it all...

and zero i got a set of stocker hubs yesterday via tower. thanks tho.

something with wraith axles?... :flipoff:
i'd consider running the black heep with the wraith axles but i dont have the time this week to tear it apart and waterproof it all...

and zero i got a set of stocker hubs yesterday via tower. thanks tho.

NO Wraith Axle this time :ror:

i see some ney lipos in your future crawlhog the TTC killer might take it all how did it do last night sorry could not make it my kids had back to school night :roll:
its getting better everyday, COLE is gonna love it. tell him to make room for all his new prizes"thumbsup"

Well, this is why I haven't had the bucks to finish up my TTC rig, I will probably make do with the Taco or the Wraith.

MyTaylorSolidBody-2.jpg

Ordered Friday, won't get it till sometime in October though.

I'll be back from NY in time but I'm still losing front drive shafts. the new mip's do not fit, angle is to steep. i need to stretch the wb back out or clock the axle so much i can'tturn.

What is the course for this comp?

It's a TTC comp which means its made up of several events:

hill climb
frame twister - run through difficult terrain
rock crawl
tank trap
tractor pull

See the first page of the thread for more info.

Definitively need to waterproof the truck; easiest way is to put the receiver and ESC into balloons (just ordinary rubber party balloons).

condoms work as well, i actually prefer them to balloons. just make sure you aint got no sharp edges poking at them... :shock:

i'm let down with my wraith ttc rebuild. swapped out the goat 3s/18t brushless for a brxl/teken 35t combo and lost even more wheelspeed... i might take out the teken and put a stocker tamiya silver can or the original 20t axial back in there...

condoms work as well, i actually prefer them to balloons. just make sure you aint got no sharp edges poking at them... :shock:

i'm let down with my wraith ttc rebuild. swapped out the goat 3s/18t brushless for a brxl/teken 35t combo and lost even more wheelspeed... i might take out the teken and put a stocker tamiya silver can or the original 20t axial back in there...

I am running a BRXL and a HH 35T with great wheel speed. But I am on 4S.

i dont meant to plug this thread up with tech, but i need an opinion or two.

I am running a BRXL and a HH 35T with great wheel speed. But I am on 4S.

i guess we'll see how it goes... to me it seems about as fast as the goat did on 2s.

i'm right to assume i would lunch the sensored novak motor if i submerge it, right?

also, its hard as heck to turn the wheels when the rig is off, and i assumed it was something binding in the driveline/trans, but when i pulled it all apart AGAIN last night to double check everything it turns out its just the resistance of the motor, which i find kind of odd.

neil with your rig unpowered does it take a decent amount of effort to turn the wheels by hand?

while i have it torn out i'll drop in a stock tamiya silver can or the stocker axial and see how it does, i just dont know if the stock 20t willhold up... i might just follow my gut and swap out motor/esc for the third time and run my mamba max 5700 setup on 3s.

Can't be good for it. Sensorless wouldn't have an issue, but with the sensor electronics in the motor, it might.

i'm right to assume i would lunch the sensored novak motor if i submerge it, right?

Yup. Well this is on an SCX10, but since its same tranny, I can't imagine anything different.

neil with your rig unpowered does it take a decent amount of effort to turn the wheels by hand?

For sure the Goat will fry if it gets wet, but the motor is fine submerged. It really is more of an issue of getting junk in the sensor but I never had an issue and I have had a few Goat Brushless powered systems in my scalers.

Yes, it is very hard to turn any of my brushed scalers from the wheels. My Brute was so bad i could leave black marks on the pavement and they wouldn't turn but that was on a puller.

i dont meant to plug this thread up with tech, but i need an opinion or two.

i guess we'll see how it goes... to me it seems about as fast as the goat did on 2s.

also, its hard as heck to turn the wheels when the rig is off, and i assumed it was something binding in the driveline/trans, but when i pulled it all apart AGAIN last night to double check everything it turns out its just the resistance of the motor, which i find kind of odd.

while i have it torn out i'll drop in a stock tamiya silver can or the stocker axial and see how it does, i just dont know if the stock 20t willhold up... i might just follow my gut and swap out motor/esc for the third time and run my mamba max 5700 setup on 3s.

so neil you have submerged a novak sensored motor? i read about taking it apart and liquid elec taping the sensor bits.

i got no problem keeping the esc dry, its just that darn motor getting wet that freaks me out.

i'm more than likely going to play it safe and run the brxl/tekin setup. its just weird how much driveline resistance there is with it, as i have alot of other rigs with brushed setups that aint at all as hard to turn, and some are around 200:1... :shock:

Completely submerged and repeatedly.

so neil you have submerged a novak sensored motor? i read about taking it apart and liquid elec taping the sensor bits.

i got no problem keeping the esc dry, its just that darn motor getting wet that freaks me out.

i'm more than likely going to play it safe and run the brxl/tekin setup. its just weird how much driveline resistance there is with it, as i have alot of other rigs with brushed setups that aint at all as hard to turn, and some are around 200:1... :shock:

Some think is wrong. Did you take the motor apart? I bet you threw the wind or hung brush

just got the time for my sons football game it is saturday so I will be abel to make it:ror: can wait looks like good weather crawlhogs comming also im bringing my son cole he just might outdrive all of ya i think he will be piloting the TTC killer crawlhogs been building so yall better watch out :flipoff:

Back