• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

NIRC 2011 Top Truck Challenge

I think I'm going to ride the Metra there after work tomorrow. I don't want to risk trusting USPS to get it here on time... and if I drive out there during rush hour, they could be closed by the time I get out of downtown :shock:

edit:
Matt has been with a customer, I talked with Adam.
At first he thought they didn't have it in stock but then he found one!
So, I'm heading out there tomorrow after work to pick it up... ohh happy day "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Stop over at True RC tonight and picked up some prizes.

We will be doing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd over all 3s 2100 30c lipo's

IMG_2627.jpg

Here is the deal with scale points:
You must total them yourself to save time on event day.

I will go first

Tuber: metal -8
• Hard body: full -8
• Complete Custom built body: (metal or hard plastic, no lexan) full -4
• Sliders: (both sides) metal -3
• Stinger/grill guard: -1
• 3D interior: 2 seat -3
• Realistic Scale Human figures: full(knees up) -2
• Chassis mounted steering servo: -5 (front) rear -2
• Transfer case: -4.

Realistic exterior items (max -6 pts):
Fire extinguisher, -1

Functional items (max -8 pts):
• Winch -2
• Tow strap, Pull Pal, -2

Total 53 :mrgreen:

Remember A minimum of 20 scale points are required and no more then 40 scale points will be given for any vehicle.

These point will be given once at the end of day taken of total time. ;-)

p.s. If you can't hit the 20 for some reason try to get close it not too hard. ;-)

Ok

Bed
  • Bed Mounted roll bar : Metal -2

Tube Accessories
  • Integrated tube shock mounts: metal -1 (one pair)

Body
  • Hard Body: full -8
  • Inner fender wells: -1 (one pair)

Bumpers (items must be chassis mounted and separate from the body)
  • Bumpers : metal -3 each -6 total
  • Stinger/Grill Guard: -1

Interior
  • 3D interior: 2 seat -3
  • Realistic Scale Human figure: Full(knees up) -2

Suspension/Drive train/Steering
  • Chassis mounted steering servo: -5 (front)

Realistic exterior items (max -6 pts): Items that are non functional but you would see on a trail truck
  • Jerry Can: -1
  • Mirrors (2): -1
  • Hi-lift Jack: -1
  • Flashlight" -1
  • Shovel: -1
  • Air Tank: -1

Functional items (max -8 pts)
  • Tow Strap: -1
  • D-Ring (3): -1
  • Pull Pal: -1
  • Full Size Spare: -3

Total = 45

Truggy & back halved truck
•Truggy/back halved truck: metal -4

Interior cage or exo-cage: (-3 metal
Tube accessories
• Sliders: (both sides) metal -3,
• Integrated tube shock mounts: metal -1 (per pair)

Body
• Hard body:Cab -4
• Inner fender wells: -1 per pair

Bumpers (items must be chassis mounted and separate from the body)
• Bumpers : metal -3 each
• Stinger/grill guard: -1

Interior:
• 3D interior: 2 seat -3,
• Realistic Scale Human figures: full(knees up) -2,

• Chassis mounted steering servo: -5 (front)

Realistic exterior items (max -6 pts): Items that are non functional but you would see on a trail truck
• Fuel cell,

• Headlights(2) and taillights(2) -2
• Winch -2 Each

somewhere around 42 maybe 4 or 5 less pending on how much i get done

i read the rule for truggy back half and was wondering does that count as a truggy i know its not a bed and the rules state its not a truggy bed but the truck is back halved if i need to go past the pumpkin i can rearrange it so i can basically looking for a clarification to those rules thanks

sorry for rambling

IMAG0060.jpg

i read the rule for truggy back half and was wondering does that count as a truggy i know its not a bed and the rules state its not a truggy bed but the truck is back halved if i need to go past the pumpkin i can rearrange it so i can basically looking for a clarification to those rules thanks

sorry for rambling

IMAG0060.jpg

I will have to leave that one to saydee, lol.

I got about 28 give or take a few. metal flat bed -3 custom body -2 fender wells -1 metal bumpers -3 x2 stinger -1 light bar -1 3D interior 2 seats -2 driver -2 exterior items -6 functinal items -3 so a total of 29 hope it will be a nice day for us today is crap I cant wait hope we have a good turn out and remember anyone can come play its going to be a great time"thumbsup"

hope it will be a nice day for us today is crap I cant wait hope we have a good turn out and remember anyone can come play its going to be a great time"thumbsup"

Weather.com says Sat high is 71 with a few showers and Sun will be 74 AM clouds/PM Sun... sounds like a nice day to play in the mud "thumbsup"

My truck wont make pass -15 I think but im in it for the fun "thumbsup" Front steel stinger, wheel walls,rock guards, snorcle, fire extinguisher, spare tire, working scale winch, tow strap never mind I think im good ill do the math later

I'm currently at 17 scale points but should be at 26 or 29 in time for the event.
I'm going to mount all my scale stuff to my jacked up body. I don't think the paint is going to be striped in time so it won't be pretty but it'll be legal "thumbsup"

I still need to waterproof, cut new upper links and mount all the stuff to the body.

BTW Saydee, Al's was great!
I walked in to get a servo and walked out with the servo, servo horn, maxx yolks, proline accessories, 3 new dynamite hex drivers and a Futuba 4PL!

They did hook me up with the price too.

Back