• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New idea thread?

How about a WRAITH rear axle with centered pumpkin and vvd's to go with it.

I know its being made by someone else I wont metion names but your stuff is way better quality.

How about a WRAITH rear axle with centered pumpkin and vvd's to go with it.

I know its being made by someone else I wont metion names but your stuff is way better quality.

we are going to see your call and raise .. "thumbsup" in process for months already...

we are going to see your call and raise .. "thumbsup" in process for months already...

So you will be making VVDs for the centered housing also? That would save me $100 from having to buy 2 sets to make one centered set for my housing.

Carter Fab & Machine: Hand Made Customs

I think a quality winch would be high on the list too. Ps thanks for all the sweet Wraith parts that you all make!"thumbsup"

I'm more than ready to get my grubby paws on the Wraith lockers!! Any word on when these will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

just waiting on some items for our Gmade R1 runners out there. Would love some awesome looking axels for them or anything else for that mater. LOL

I'd love to see a Wraith axle pack. Basically, you buy all of the following and get a little discount.

Basic Pack
Front c-hubs
Front knuckles
Rear lockouts​

Full Pack
Basic Pack plus the following
Axle Trusses
Shock link mounts

Mega Pack
Full Pack plus the following
Axle housing
Bearing caps
VVD front axles​

You already have the link kit which is sweet. I'd want to pick up the basic pack since those are the parts I need.

Screws, some of which has already been stated.

The reason we use the screws we use is function.

1. Standard UNC spec screws specifically in the small sizes we use do have some advantages on certain sizes due to the pitch and diameter, we run into this problem often, small metric machine screws threads have a smaller pitch and are slightly more prone to strip.

6-32 has a pitch of .031 inches
4-40 has a pitch of .025 inches
m3 has .5 or .0196 inches

25 percent bigger pitch for a smaller diameter thread.

2-56 = .017
m2 x .4 = .0157

only 10 percent or so but still smaller diameter ...

While the pitch of the helix plays a part in the strength of the thread and clamping force generated based on a given installation torque, it doesn't truly represent the strength of the thread. I haven't crunched the numbers myself but how does the surface area of the comparable fasteners relate to one another? Fine threads tend to strip easier than coarse threads but that's mostly due to the increased amount of clamping force generated by the same torque on the shallower helix than the steeper helix.

If you want to get into the strength of fasteners it can be an enormous topic but I felt the need to bring up the points that I did to clarify the comparisons being made.

As for the topic of fastener availability, we have the same issue in the US while trying to source metric fasteners. They are nearly unheard of in local stores. I mail order pretty much all of my fasteners, it's the only way to get what you want the first time.

------------------------------

And for my next part/idea request that will probably be as popular as my previous ideas, I would like to see steering arms for wraith and XR knuckles that are similar to your racing ackerman arms but do not have any ackerman angle designed into the hole locations. The arms that come with the wraith knuckles are too short for using on a 2.2 comp truck, the xr10 steering arm is just a hair too long to get much more than 50 degrees of steering out of a 1" servo arm and a reasonable amount of rotation. If you could offer a few different length arms that are configured for zero ackerman, I would buy several sets to help tune the steering in on all of my cars.

Thanks!

It would also be great to have the XR/Wraith arms available separately on the site as well "thumbsup"

And for what it's worth, I bought a set of "racing ackerman" steering arms for the wraith and unless the arms go behind the axle, the Ackerman is backwards. The inside tire should turn tighter than the outside tire and that is accomplished by having forward mounted arms with the tie rod pivot point outside of the kingpin pivot point. At full lock draw an imaginary line parallel to each spindle and the point at which the two lines intersect should be on the same l-r plane as the rear axle.

Can you tell me exactly what these arms are for? And if absolutely nothing else, please make a reasonable length zero ackerman steering arm that can be purchased as a pair.

Back