• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

New blue castle crawler motors

those who have these already and if you own or owned a tekin roc412 how do they compare

Is there a difference between the pro4 and the roc motors? I compared mine against a pro4.

I can't see any motor being worth 2x the price in a crawler. Most of the 'metrics' that they would be compared with are ESC related.

About The SENSORED 1406-3800KV FOUR-POLE BRUSHLESS MOTOR

SENSORED 1406-3800KV FOUR-POLE BRUSHLESS MOTOR

According to the Castle Creations' website, it says: Maximum Input Voltage : 4S

But on the Specification listed 2S-3S LiPo, recommended.

I am a bit confused, So can these motors really support to 4S power? As I am soon going to order this motor once it become available on amainhobbies.

Thank you

About The SENSORED 1406-3800KV FOUR-POLE BRUSHLESS MOTOR

SENSORED 1406-3800KV FOUR-POLE BRUSHLESS MOTOR

According to the Castle Creations' website, it says: Maximum Input Voltage : 4S

But on the Specification listed 2S-3S LiPo, recommended.

I am a bit confused, So can these motors really support to 4S power? As I am soon going to order this motor once it become available on amainhobbies.

Thank you

This was an oversight and has been corrected; the maximum recommended voltage for the 3800kv is a 3s LiPo. While the motors are technically rated up to 100,000 RPM, running it on 4s or higher, there is no way to get the gear ratio high enough to keep the motor from overheating in a very short period of time.

If you're looking for a good 4s motor, take a look at the 2280kv or 2850kv.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations

I've been waiting for these to release as I need a new setup for my wraith. I've been a castle fan since I put a Micro sidewinder brushless setup into my RC18. It's stupidly overpowered but the castle link allows me to turn it down so it doesn't turn into a top if I mash the throttle. My sidewinder 3/4600kv in my RC10 worlds has been working flawless as well.

The question I have is what ESC I should pair it with. I see there is a micro X combo but I've also considered the Mamba X. In getting the Mamba X would I be loosing any of the crawler specific settings of the Micro X crawler edition? While I have a SCX10 with a FX-R for brushed crawling I wouldn't mind being able to swap in the castle setup.

I also don't know if I should go with the 2280 or the 2850. I have done a bit of driveline beefing up but I don't want to go overboard and have to start spending even more money fixing what I break.

Both the micro x and normal x have the same software.

The micro X is MUCH smaller but needs an external BEC. The normal X should be fine with just the internal BEC.

I would not run the micro X in a wraith, it's larger and heavyier than most 1.9 trail trucks.

I already have a castle BEC in both the Wraith and the SCX10.

Thank you very much for the information. It has helped me make at least one decision today.

This was an oversight and has been corrected; the maximum recommended voltage for the 3800kv is a 3s LiPo. While the motors are technically rated up to 100,000 RPM, running it on 4s or higher, there is no way to get the gear ratio high enough to keep the motor from overheating in a very short period of time.

If you're looking for a good 4s motor, take a look at the 2280kv or 2850kv.

Thomas Porfert
Tech Support
Castle Creations

My Axial Wraith weight around 3.8KG to 4KG, depends what setups I run and which battery I used.

Question: Can these new Castle crawler motors handle my rig's weight?

Thank you

The combo micro x and the 2280 with a bec is suitable for a stock wraith.

Sent fra min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

According to Castle's website says:

Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale low speed rock crawlers/trail runners on 2S-3S weighing less than 8lbs.

So, I am a bit worry especially I run my Wraith in mud condition, can be easily weight more than 4KG :mrgreen:

Thank you redeyechris"thumbsup"

Look up a wp Puller pro....

Hang up and Drive

Thank you mikemcE for taking time to replied my question. I actually already had Puller Pro 3500kv. I just would like to give these New Castle's crawler motors a test. For I will buy The Traxxas new coming scale crawler, then maybe I will try to buy these little blue castle crawler motor for testing. I am thinking the new Traxxas scale crawler should not weight more than 8lbs. ;-) Correct me if I am wrong

Last edited:
Thank you mikemcE for taking time to replied my question. I actually already had Puller Pro 3500kv. I just would like to give these New Castle's crawler motors a test. For I will buy The Traxxas new coming scale crawler, then maybe I will try to buy these little blue castle crawler motor for testing. I am thinking the new Traxxas scale crawler should not weight more than 8lbs. ;-) Correct me if I am wrong

I wish I had an answer for either truck. I think it would be fine in both, but I can't say 100% because I have not tested it in either. Our vehicle weights are kinda arbitrary and mostly there to prevent new people to the hobby from trying to put a 7700kv motor in an Emaxx on 4s(people have tried, it did not end well). We are still trying to figure out how to classify the crawler market and suggest good setups without building 50 crawlers and testing every motor we make in all of them. There is so much variation and customization that you guys do to your rigs and so many different driving styles, that it makes it hard to directly recommend specific things until we have more feedback from the community about what works and what doesn't work.

If you are a slow, precise, roll on the throttle type of driver, the micro-x combo will probably work quite well in the wraith, but if you are full throttle, solve everything with wheel speed driver, you would probably want the MambaX and the 2850kv.

I wish I had an answer for either truck. I think it would be fine in both, but I can't say 100% because I have not tested it in either. Our vehicle weights are kinda arbitrary and mostly there to prevent new people to the hobby from trying to put a 7700kv motor in an Emaxx on 4s(people have tried, it did not end well). We are still trying to figure out how to classify the crawler market and suggest good setups without building 50 crawlers and testing every motor we make in all of them. There is so much variation and customization that you guys do to your rigs and so many different driving styles, that it makes it hard to directly recommend specific things until we have more feedback from the community about what works and what doesn't work.

If you are a slow, precise, roll on the throttle type of driver, the micro-x combo will probably work quite well in the wraith, but if you are full throttle, solve everything with wheel speed driver, you would probably want the MambaX and the 2850kv.
A Micro-X will withstand a crawling wraith? :shock:

Back