• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Reliable ESC and motor for crawler

HW Fusion SE is waterproof and cheap for crawlers in dirty conditions, all brushed motors are water tolerable meaning they can run when submerged but will die quickly if that water is dirty and contaminates the brushes, ending in a smoke show. Brushless setups are more expensive but have proper IP ratings for running in dirty snow and mud.
In our South-African summer conditions HW1080 and HH550 trailmasters is perfect for cheap performance that last years, even in wet conditions as long as its somewhat clean. MUD KILLS BRUSHES, ask tough truck clan.

Brushless; Fusion 2 in 1. I have all kv ratings and like them all.
Brushed; HW 1080 esc and Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster sport or Crawlmaster sport.

HW Fusion SE is waterproof and cheap for crawlers in dirty conditions, all brushed motors are water tolerable meaning they can run when submerged but will die quickly if that water is dirty and contaminates the brushes, ending in a smoke show. Brushless setups are more expensive but have proper IP ratings for running in dirty snow and mud.
In our South-African summer conditions HW1080 and HH550 trailmasters is perfect for cheap performance that last years, even in wet conditions as long as its somewhat clean. MUD KILLS BRUSHES, ask tough truck clan

I second what cul8tr said. Its hard to beat the Hobbywing 1080 for a brushed ESC, especially for the price, and for mud/water there is no sense in buying a high dollar motor.

For brushless, the Fusion Pros are very nice and would definitely be my choice for an esc/motor that was going to be used in mud and water.

FWIW I recently got a Fusion SE 1800KV and it's awesome. I've tried Mamba X + various holmes setups on my buddies TRX4, brushed (1080 + various HH sport 550s and some rebuildable 540s) and this is better. More torque, better hold, smoother (!) and so simple to wire everything up. Highly recommend. And it barely costs more than a 1080 + a decent (expendable) brushed motor.

Brushless; Fusion 2 in 1. I have all kv ratings and like them all.
Brushed; HW 1080 esc and Holmes Hobbies Trailmaster sport or Crawlmaster sport.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ all day everyday.

Can't beat the HW systems. All of my rigs run the HW 1080 with Crawlmaster Sports or the Fusion Pro. Here recently I've been buying the Fusion SE 1800kv and 1200kv. Great combos at half the price of the Fusion Pro. But don't get me wrong, I love the Fusion Pro!:)

Back