• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

NEW Axial 1/10 SCX10 III Jeep CJ-7 4WD Brushed RTR

Looks like some places are listing that the Pre Orders will be expected around the 25th so people might be getting shipping on Christmas.

I'm hoping because I went direct to HH that it will be a little sooner. But if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

I'm hoping because I went direct to HH that it will be a little sooner. But if "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

I haven't placed an order for one yet, I am close, but told my self I wasn't buying enough truck this year. So Jan 1st... :ror:

I'm planning to hold out on ordering one of these. Ultimately it will be a gift for my currently 5 year old son who will probably be 6 by the time he gets this.

We all know Axial discontinues trucks and unloads the remaining stock at a lower price. Plus I already own the Bronco.

But at $499, I probably would pick this over the Miller Motorsports truck. The MM fills a spot that no other truck on the market is currently filling. It's unfortunately has had several problems leading me to wonder if I'll ever get it built into a capable and durable 4400 truck.

The SCX 10.3 Bronco has been running strong, with no real failures for two years now and it has a ton of aftermarket support.

I did drive the Bronco again today, and boy what a different truck it is compared to the MM. I could never blast up and down rocks with that Bronco the way the MM can. But that's realistic. You would never drive a street legal trail truck like you'd drive a 4400 rig, especially when that trail truck is what's getting you back home.

But back on topic, I think this new 10.3 CJ will be a really cool truck to have. I'm just pretty sure I can buy it for $150 less a year from now.

Looks like some places are listing that the Pre Orders will be expected around the 25th so people might be getting shipping on Christmas.

Horizon has been expert at botching releases lately. This is just a body on an existing platform, but still I wouldn't hold my breath about having it before Christmas.

Horizon and Tower both haven't figured out whether or not they have the VS4-10 in stock. I placed an order on 11/27 and it still says awaiting shipment. Then I placed an order on Horizon a few days later because it said Tower was out of stock, but HH had them. Still no movement on either order. The VS4-10 truck has gone in and out of stock on both sites multiple times and currently shows in stock, but I think that's total BS.

I think this new 10.3 CJ will be a really cool truck to have. I'm just pretty sure I can buy it for $150 less a year from now.

I have gotten a lot more reserved with my purchasing over the years. For the most part I find that once the initial excitement of any new release passes being patient only gets easier. If this gets released as a kit I will definitely jump on board. If not, I too will wait and see.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

I have gotten a lot more reserved with my purchasing over the years. For the most part I find that once the initial excitement of any new release passes being patient only gets easier. If this gets released as a kit I will definitely jump on board. If not, I too will wait and see.

Me too - if they release a kit, I'll get one. I can't see it though, I bet the future for kits is going to be chassis kits only - which would be fine if they didn't make the bodies so expensive when purchased separately.

I priced the SCX10-III JLU body the other day and it was $190 total, and I bet I missed some parts... So I waited, and got another JLU kit for $270 all in.

Its a great looking truck. The 12.3" wheelbase will probably make it look really big compared to other trucks like the JLU but thats better than having a little 11" wheelbase where the tires stick way out past the fenders.

Me too - if they release a kit, I'll get one. I can't see it though, I bet the future for kits is going to be chassis kits only - which would be fine if they didn't make the bodies so expensive when purchased separately.

I priced the SCX10-III JLU body the other day and it was $190 total, and I bet I missed some parts... So I waited, and got another JLU kit for $270 all in.
Good deal, especially if you take the perspective that you got the rest of rig for only 80 bucks

Ive already got ideas running through my head Id like to do with 1 of these. Look forward to seeing what some of you guys that are buying one come up with.

The wife pre-ordered mine as a Christmas present last week apparently. My LURC wheels will probably be in my hand before it even ships, lol.

...LURC wheels...

Explain like I am an idiot, please.

I'm thinking white wagon wheels for the red one I ordered. I got a shipping notification for the golden eagle decal set already, but not the truck itself. But there's no tracking number, so not sure if HH's system being wacky again.

If you haven't seen those decals yet, they are "AXI-1049".

Explain like I am an idiot, please.

I'm thinking white wagon wheels for the red one I ordered. I got a shipping notification for the golden eagle decal set already, but not the truck itself. But there's no tracking number, so not sure if HH's system being wacky again.

If you haven't seen those decals yet, they are "AXI-1049".

Locked up RC. It’s the brand of wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got ship notification last night. Delivery on Sunday, Christmas Eve. Unless FedEx does FedEx things.

The chances of FedEx NOT doing FedEx things are slim! I'm hoping for the best for you and your delivery!;-)

You aren't wrong. They've driven previous purchases of mine around the country more than once. And sometimes they'll pull up to my house end of day, and then just leave. Different carrier, but UPS has done it also, and their "Follow My Delivery" tracker in the app showed them drive all the way back to the hub.

Last edited:
The body and all the parts needed are up on RPP but nothing in stock. Doing some quick math in my head, you are going to be almost 200 bucks in for a complete clear body with all the detail parts. I think I am going to do a custom body but just buy the polycarbonate parts and move all the other stuff off the stock body to save some cash. The poly parts are 85 bucks.

Back