• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

Trying out the 1.9 Trepadors with CI DW foams again.

I caught somebody's Jeep in mid rollover, hang on!

Several nice wooden bridges all throughout the course, many with built-in undulations, nice touch!

Sweet Bug bodied crawler in TRD looking colors, nice paint!

There were several wives, girlfriends and kids out crawling too, very nice weekend, met and talked with lots of nice people!

Very nice use of the old Axial Betty body, Dodge Power Wagon SSD beadlocks and Falken Wildpeak tires.

Sweet 6x6 action!

Acending along behind the 6x6

Rockhugger's nice Yota with full cage, SSD beadlocks, and RC4WD IROKs!

Nice pictures! Looks like a fun time with a fun course. Blazer looks good on the rocks for sure.

How many hours do you think you have on your rig? I wish I had started out with tracker thing of some sort that keeps track of mileage, or feet traveled and time too. Just for kicks. Keep up the good work! About time for some pictures of the new kit isn't it!? Or is that too secret info lol
Ben

Thanks, it was a very fun course and great weekend!

Hmmmm, don't know how many hours...lots...like you I wish I had kept track from the beginning just for kicks. The body has lots of war wounds but is holding up quite well, as is everything else, it just keeps on ticking. The new kit is opened and I'm gathering parts for that project, not too secret lol. :)

Thanks, we did a lot of hiking and climbing around in addition to all the hiking while crawling, it's beautiful and so quiet after the sun goes down. Great event, well worth the trip I'd go again!

EDIT: Going to pick up some styrene and fresh glue this week too, got a couple ideas to spruce up the scaleness and hide the body clips, we'll see how they turn out.

Last edited:
Natedog...
Who is going to answer the phone when I call that phone number and say "Natedog sent me" .... Lol
Actually it caught my attention because the Louisville area code is 502....hey wait a minute isn't 520 Portland Oregon??

Im going. The ascender will hopefully hurt some feelings! Would love to see you there!

Nice, thanks let me check, I'll let you know. 8)

Natedog...
Who is going to answer the phone when I call that phone number and say "Natedog sent me" .... Lol
Actually it caught my attention because the Louisville area code is 502....hey wait a minute isn't 520 Portland Oregon??

:ror: :mrgreen: Dunno, not sure which number you're referring too, Horizon Support or hopefully a helpful kind of person? 8)"thumbsup"

502 is Louisville!

520 is Tucson, AZ "thumbsup"

Last edited:
a2480089442fe8073fc5196a93f5625d.jpg

I'm just going to leave this here Natedog

Looks like a fun event. What tires worked best for you? I want to get some new rims and tires but I would like some advice before I buy.

That looks like a great location and awesome event.

Yes, it is. "thumbsup"

I'm just going to leave this here Natedog

Looks good, I see a blue Dodge pickup body too. "thumbsup"

Looks like a fun event. What tires worked best for you? I want to get some new rims and tires but I would like some advice before I buy.

Very fun, thanks. Trepadors work great on dry rock, but being a little narrower and less aggressive tread, they don't do as well in loose dirt, sand and mud...but I like them very scale looking tire. Vaterra TSLs work great for me, they are my favorite tire at the moment, works great everywhere. I have CI DW foams (for 1.9 Pitbull Rockbeast) in them now and they work great, but I have set of CI DW foams for 1.9 Pro-Line TSL XL that need the ribs trimmed off and maybe narrowed slightly and they should be even better I think...but we'll see. "thumbsup"

Few more that I sorted through from Fire and Ice at Moonrocks, Nevada.

This little obstacle required turning left downhill, U-turn, hard left back up the rocks, quite challenging.

Bomber, bombing around in the background had some serious horsepower!

Sidehill demonstration...a properly setup Ascender sidehills very well. This section of granite had loose decomposing granite and sand on it too. Yes, it made it all the way down. :)

Last edited:

Heading back out to Moonrocks, not a lot of road signs to go by lol.

Couldn't decide which of these two is a better pic...

Last edited:
Back