• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

Great thread. I've been looking for a new rig now that my son has commandeered my SCX10. I think I'm set on the RTR Bronco. Thanks for all the detailed info.

Great thread. I've been looking for a new rig now that my son has commandeered my SCX10. I think I'm set on the RTR Bronco. Thanks for all the detailed info.

Thanks sounds like a good plan, you're welcome glad to help and am looking forward to seeing your Ascender adventures on RCC. :)

Wow nate good job u will do them proud

LIFE IS GOOD

Thanks and yes I will. :)

Congrats Natedog!! That is great. Hopefully you will get to beat on 'em more and get parts from the factory.

Thanks! "thumbsup"

New arrrival!

Close up pics of the elusive servo on axle mount from Vaterra (comes in the kit version)

Couldn't wait to test mount tires, foams (CI DW #3005, for Proline 1.9 TSL XL) and wheels!

New tires have been soaking in water/Simple Green mix for couple days now and ready to scrub mould release off.

So how does the whole "vaterra team driver" thing work? They send you a kit, you build it how you want and make it to comps and promote the products? Do you have to pay for the rest of the parts to finish the truck or does vaterra cover the tab? Being nosy I know but interesting to know.
Ben

Holy Cow!!!
They almost sent you enough parts to build an entire running rig.
I was thinking more like c-hubs, shocks, etc....
Congrats again
Have fun with it as well.

So how does the whole "vaterra team driver" thing work? They send you a kit, you build it how you want and make it to comps and promote the products? Do you have to pay for the rest of the parts to finish the truck or does vaterra cover the tab? Being nosy I know but interesting to know.
Ben

I could tell you, but there'd be no fun in that. :ror:

Congrats on the sponsorship Natedog! "thumbsup"

Thanks!

Cograts! "thumbsup"

Thanks!

Holy Cow!!!
They almost sent you enough parts to build an entire running rig.
I was thinking more like c-hubs, shocks, etc....
Congrats again
Have fun with it as well.

Thanks!

I've been running Crawler Innovations Deuces Wild for 1.9 Pitbull Rockbeasts in Vaterra TSLs. They work very well, but could be a tiny bit bigger, so I bought a set of CI DW foams for 1.9 Proline TSL XLs that I'm going to try. I test fitted them inside the tires (as seen above) and looks like they need the outer ribs trimmed off and maybe narrowed slightly to fit best in these tires. Would be nice if CI made DW foams specifically for these tires.

Last edited:
I have some of the DW foams coming for my 1.9 proline TSL's as well, they are going on some scale shop aluminum beadlock wheels that came on another K5 Ascender I just got. Figured they would be best for the heavy K5

Oh....yeah did I mention I got another Ascender? LoL

Now I have 2 K5's and the Bronco.

Nice, which DW foams did you get? Those are nice beadlocks. Second....wait a minute...third Ascender...very nice! :)

Somebody asked about how I flipped the rear bumper, forgot to say in my original post (#56 in this thread) about that. Here's how to flip the rear bumper mounts
Un-bolt the rear bumper mounts from the frame, flip them upside down (have to swap sides to do this). Then unbolt the bumper from the mounts, flip it right side up, re-assemble and gain some sweet departure angle increase! :)

I got the Deuce's Wild single stage, for the 4.19 to 4.25 tall 1.9 tires, hopefully I got the right ones.

Yes......a 3rd Ascender :mrgreen:, wasn't really planning on another one, but did some trading for it. It's got a Holmes 35t torque master expert, Tekin FXR ESC, HR C-hubs and HR knuckles too. Not a fan of the radio (I use a MT4) but it works good for now.

20160208_185607_zps089e3vfg.jpg

Last edited:
The ones you ordered fit 1.9 Axial Ripsaws, etc...too narrow and too short for Vaterra TSL. I'm currently using the ones for 1.9 Pitbull Rockbeasts,
Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild Single Stage 1.9 Pitbull Rock Beast Foam Pair (2)

but test fitting with CR-3007 for Proline 1.9 TSL XL...these are kinda big imo and will need some trimming for best performance.
Crawler Innovations Deuce's Wild Single Stage 1.9 Proline TSL SX *XL* Foam Pair (2)

I would reference CI's website, but it gives a Joomla webpage these days saying they are moving to thier new webstore and has only login info on the screen.
http://www.crawlerinnovations.com/

I got the 3007's to run in the PL swampers. The PL tires had the stock foams in them on those beadlocks, with the weight of the ascender they are just about flat under it.

Yes......a 3rd Ascender :mrgreen:, wasn't really planning on another one, but did some trading for it. It's got a Holmes 35t torque master expert, Tekin FXR ESC, HR C-hubs and HR knuckles too. Not a fan of the radio (I use a MT4) but it works good for now.

Looks good, nice score! "thumbsup"

I got the 3007's to run in the PL swampers. The PL tires had the stock foams in them on those beadlocks, with the weight of the ascender they are just about flat under it.

Should be perfect! :)

Back