• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Natedog's Vaterra ASCENDER

Nate, I love the pics! Your rig is an inspiration for all ascender owners for certain. I love the KLR's as well. They are a wide tire and I run Locked up wheels with their widener ring. The wheel and ring is made for the tire. Looks and fits spot on. I also run single stage TSL XL CI foams and vent the tires with 4 2mm leather punch holes in the front and 3 in the back. I have all 3 compounds and like the blues best for Wv terrain.

Thanks, KLRs a great looking tire too, I may have to try a set! Great info on the foams/wheel setup you're using, thanks! LockedUpRC makes nice wheels too, I'll have to look at your pics again. :)

I've scanned through your thread. I haven't had a time to read it all. Lots of great info.

Do you still think the HR Wraith swaybar set is the best way to go to control torque twist?

I've been storing my lipos in an airtight steel ammo box, charging while attended on concrete or metal plate, but decided to upgrade safety and provide more isolation betwween batteries during storage. Ordered several Lithium Polymer Charge Pack 18x22cm Sack (PRODUCT ID: LPGUARD18x22), these are very nice quality, lined bags with good velcro!
https://www.teamassociated.com/parts/details/6466-ASC6466-shock_downstops_travel_limiters_/
Adjusted spring preload so that the collars bottom against shock caps and on the bench it looks perfect! Pic to come.

Sensei, please make a photo of the shocks with all this features. Your kung-fu is stronger than my kung-fu. I don't get everything you describe. Please!

You're welcome! :)

I picked up some supplies at LHS the other day and started fabbing some scale accessories with a dual purpose.

Pictures for guidance, since I don't have my old 60" Hi-Lift anymore.

First step of the first part to build.

Last edited:
Sensei, please make a photo of the shocks with all this features. Your kung-fu is stronger than my kung-fu. I don't get everything you describe. Please!

I'll get some pics of the shocks for you. "thumbsup"

@Eepee, thanks! I was like where'd that post come from lol. :)

Yes Nates Va'Blazer definately has some Kung-Fu, rock crawling Kung-Fu!!!

Moon rocks was a blast!! It had been a while, and definately brought back memories of old Parker courses.

I'm curious if the ascender has different bodies for it? Also, who makes them? Thanks

Pretty much any body with proper wheelbase can fit, like any crawler. Find the body you like and adjust your wheelbase to fit or shop for body with wheelbase that you want and then check the width and height dimensions too. "thumbsup"

Yes Nates Va'Blazer definately has some Kung-Fu, rock crawling Kung-Fu!!!

Moon rocks was a blast!! It had been a while, and definately brought back memories of old Parker courses.

Va'Blazer....I like it and thanks Kung-Fu grip!!!

Yes, it was!!! "thumbsup"

Nice photos of Moon Rocks Nate. I have personally seen the Kung Fu Grip ( KFG) Blazer in action and it does work well. Oh and the driver he does a pretty good job himself"thumbsup"

Hey Nate, have you given any thought to your rock sliders. I'm in between orders right now, and getting ready to start a Twin Hammer build, so I'm ready when you are."thumbsup"
Ernie,

Nice photos of Moon Rocks Nate. I have personally seen the Kung Fu Grip ( KFG) Blazer in action and it does work well. Oh and the driver he does a pretty good job himself"thumbsup"

THanks Bill! 8)

Hey Nate, have you given any thought to your rock sliders. I'm in between orders right now, and getting ready to start a Twin Hammer build, so I'm ready when you are."thumbsup"
Ernie,

Hey Ernie,
I have not given it enough thought, kinda got writer's block or something lol. I need to look around at some more pics. :)

THanks Bill! 8)

Hey Ernie,
I have not given it enough thought, kinda got writer's block or something lol. I need to look around at some more pics. :)
OK, I know how that works. I have my Hammer spread out in my scale
garage hoping it will tell me what it wants to look like.:lmao:

What size battery are you runnin? I'm going to be getting one in a couple weeks. Not sure about kit or rtr though. I like building the kit. What do you recommend for electronics if not going rtr?

OK, I know how that works. I have my Hammer spread out in my scale
garage hoping it will tell me what it wants to look like.:lmao:

Yes and thanks! "thumbsup"

What size battery are you runnin? I'm going to be getting one in a couple weeks. Not sure about kit or rtr though. I like building the kit. What do you recommend for electronics if not going rtr?

Orion Shorty pack 2S, 4500mah and SMC Shorty pack 2s 4400mah. "thumbsup"

Yes and thanks! "thumbsup"

Orion Shorty pack 2S, 4500mah and SMC Shorty pack 2s 4400mah. "thumbsup"

Im running 2200 3s in the ascender and I love the power. How do the 2s 4500mah compare with them. By the way thanks for all the info you have provided.

I've run that same battery and it's great power! I'll probably do 2-speed and stay with 2s. You're welcome and glad I could help! :)

Back