• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

My late dad's CC01 re-build

Aluminum parts for front suspension and steering arrived today...

ZFrlpXuh.jpg

Time to install them...

aSBG0Hrh.jpg

Did a lot of grinding on the lower arms to achieve longer rebound.

qV3oqxEh.jpg

U5INQAZh.jpg

JSKFP7ah.jpg

jPglazKh.jpg

Some updates...

- New differential gear case . Rebuilt the differential, cleaned the bearings too.

EJLyfGyh.jpg

a1iVV1Kh.jpg

rzGZh36h.jpg

New front gearbox cover

t6XL51xh.jpg

lA9eLGlh.jpg

- Re-positioned the rear shocks. Better rebound and travel

hhc59WHh.jpg

- New Xtraspeed center shaft

vCQmFAZh.jpg

IECOggmh.jpg

4WieyyNh.jpg

Good to hear. I installed the HR steering set too but haven't had a chance to go out and run it to see how it holds up.

Oh use longer screws on both ends of the shaft. I used 10mm screws because the stock or short screws tend to come loose after a few steers.

How do you like the front A-arm mount/skid? Mine wouldn't fit well.

Ordered and installed the metal roof rack and foglamps. Also ordered another light switch so headlight/taillights/front fog lamps are separately switched from the roof rack fog lamps with the TX.

hoyiWCSh.jpg

wFpudVRh.jpg

uKpw1Fqh.jpg

Right On. Love seeing these types of builds.

I am doing something kind of similar. My dad had a 76 K5 Blazer. I'm doing up an RC to match it. My dad passed in 1980 a few years before I got a lie-sense to drive. So it was sold before I was able to take it over. So this will be my way of being able to Drive "Dads' Blazer any time I want. lol

Nice work.

Back