• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Looking good! Expect presents next week"thumbsup"
Can't wait!

RIg looks sick - lights are awesome!

What part number are those upper links?
Thanks.

They are 5143A, I got them because they were super beefy looking but they were $25 for just the TWO links from my LHS. They turned out to be a little long with the rod ends it came with so I cut down the threaded ends a little and installed the short Axial rods ends that come with the Honcho kit.

picture.php

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!"thumbsup"
8)

Last edited:
i like the location of the winch. my friend was wondering where to put one on his. i will have to show him this thread for sure. honcho looks sweet

Badg'a
That is looking awesome man. I think I still like the Crusher look more, but the Lox look pretty good. What are you going to do with all that traction now? :mrgreen:

So is that clear piece of lexan above the driveshaft just a protection plate for the light system?

-Sam

Looks Good John see you picked up a screw catcher from Heath. "thumbsup":)
I wanted to be just like you. :mrgreen: It's amazing how much cleaner my work space is now with the Cow mat. 8)

Looks good John, I picked mine up yesterday. "thumbsup"
Your gonna love it. "thumbsup"

i like the location of the winch. my friend was wondering where to put one on his. i will have to show him this thread for sure. honcho looks sweet
Thanks.

Nice lighting. "thumbsup"
It's a nice setup for sure.

Badg'a
That is looking awesome man. I think I still like the Crusher look more, but the Lox look pretty good. What are you going to do with all that traction now? :mrgreen:

So is that clear piece of lexan above the driveshaft just a protection plate for the light system?

-Sam
I agree on the crushers looking better but these damn Lox hook up so much better. I geared down and volted up to a 3s lipo today will the crushers and found out that with enough wheel speed you don't really need traction. :twisted:

The lexan piece is the mounting plate for the light system control box.

h/o i gotta go change my pants...0_0

WOW!
Thanks.

looks great badger, what springs are you running in the front on the prolines?
I just got a set of proline shocks and these puppy are sweet!!!

looks great badger, what springs are you running in the front on the prolines?
I just got a set of proline shocks and these puppy are sweet!!!

I'm running the stock springs that come pre-installed on the shocks, all I did was add oil and mount them.

Here's the last of my updates for prepping this rig for our scale King of the Hammers event.

After I fried a spectrum receiver during a test run in a local creek because I didn't properly seal the balloon it was in I decided to take a old GoPro case that was beaten to shit in a race with my Darksoul Baja 5B and cut off what was left of the mounting tabs and install my Axial NVS light control box and a Spectrum SR3100 receiver in it. I used 3" servo lead extensions so I could seal up the wiring hole and still be able to change out the ESC. servo and aux (3rd channel) device easily. I have several spectrum receivers but the SR3100 is the only one that had the plug layout that worked perfect for this installation.

picture.php

picture.php

I like the GoPro case because I can open the back door on it and easily access the NVS control box and receiver.

picture.php

I sealed up the holes with shoegoo.

picture.php

You can never have enough lights so I asked my little buddy Brandon if he could make me a light bar for the cage of the Honcho that could easily fold down to get added clearance when needed. He made this thing and had it shipped to me in I think less then two weeks, all I had to do was figure the linkage part to hold the lights raised and lowered. I got some Axial light bucket sets and a new 5 led light string to make up the 5 lights.

picture.php

picture.php

I used MRC links and added a bend in them then bolted one end to the Honcho cage then I installed 2 rod end ball stud to the light bar. To raise and lower the light bar I just pop off the rod ends at the light bar, move them over to each side then lower the light bar which holds the links in place, then I use a bungy cord to hold the light bar in the down position.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

You can see with my new 3s 2200 lipo packs from Cheapbatterypacks the GoPro camera mount base fits perfect on rear portion of the battery tray.

picture.php

The new GoPro HD mounted, the difference in video quality in the HD Hero compared to the standard GoPro Hero cameras is insane, well worth the investment.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The last thing I had to do was make a tool box to hold my spare parts. I made one out of lexan to fit below the gas tank on the bed, I had to make sure it cleared the rear rock lights so I lost a little storage space from that. I cut the sides of the gas tank in the bed and just lift up on it so it hinges on the side nearest to the spare tire. I was able to fit all these spare parts in it: Two complete drive shafts with yokes, two front axles, two rear axles (one HD), two stub shafts, 2 bent rod ends, 2 straight rod ends, 12t pinion, 16t pinion, aluminum servo horn, and 1 C hub carrier. I zip tied a spare spur gear to the spare tire mount. I was in a hurry and couldn't get any good pics of the tool box.

Boxed up some parts for this rig today and sent them to you.

You'd better go get some good running shoes so you can keep up with it during the KOH events.

Here's a trailer from only a fraction of the 1.5 hours of video I recorded at our King of the Bean event.

<object width="800" height="450"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9262035&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=c9ff23&fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9262035&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=c9ff23&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="800" height="450"></embed></object><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/9262035">King of the Bean</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3122518">RCCrawler</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Back