• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Hey Badger, The rig looks sick with all those lights!

Great action pics and video too! Love the Bean:mrgreen: Everyone trips out when they see pics or video of the surface texture.

Just curious, how much weight are you running in your aluminum rims?

Not this time but chino63 has been known to get into an accident or two at the Bean.

aao.sized.jpg

You know, I am still seeing a chiropractor from the effects of that crash. Damn LandCruiser came out of nowhere.

-Sam

the "to order list" just got a lot longer. can you get the driving light housings seperatly? i want some rock lights and that is about the best looking way to do it.

I see you have the rock lok on in the last pic witch tire do you like better the rock crusher or the rock lok?Honcho really looks great i like the light bar very nice rig.

Haha, you got enough lights on there??
Seriously, looks like a great job. Very nice job on the wiring. Rock lights look great!
awesome detailed pics and that is one very nice rig "thumbsup"
I like the little extra touches Badger, rig looks good."thumbsup"
Thanks guys.

I see you have the rock lok on in the last pic witch tire do you like better the rock crusher or the rock lok?Honcho really looks great i like the light bar very nice rig.
The rock crushers are my favorite looking tire but the bead on them is so thin that once you get tires/beadlocks wet they throw a bead. At our KOB 1 event I lost beads three different times, the last time the tire came completely off the rim and was rolling next to the rig before I even noticed I lost a bead. :roll: I also like how the rock crushers don't hook up like "comp" tire would, it's a scaler and to me half the fun is struggling over obstacles a bit.

Now the rok lox are a different story, the bead is fine on them so they don't throw a bead if you drive through water, I ran them for our KOB 2 event and had no issues at all. I love the tread pattern on them but just didn't like how tall they were at first but since I've had them on my rig for a little while now I'm starting to love how they look on it. They perform much better then the rock crushers but not as good as a comp tire IMO. They are a great all round scale tire and they will be staying on my rig for a while.

the "to order list" just got a lot longer. can you get the driving light housings seperatly? i want some rock lights and that is about the best looking way to do it.
I don't think you can get just the driving light housings, I think Axial only has one light housing parts tree.

The rock crushers are my favorite looking tire but the bead on them is so thin that once you get tires/beadlocks wet they throw a bead. At our KOB 1 event I lost beads three different times, the last time the tire came completely off the rim and was rolling next to the rig before I even noticed I lost a bead. :roll: I also like how the rock crushers don't hook up like "comp" tire would, it's a scaler and to me half the fun is struggling over obstacles a bit.

Now the rok lox are a different story, the bead is fine on them so they don't throw a bead if you drive through water, I ran them for our KOB 2 event and had no issues at all. I love the tread pattern on them but just didn't like how tall they were at first but since I've had them on my rig for a little while now I'm starting to love how they look on it. They perform much better then the rock crushers but not as good as a comp tire IMO. They are a great all round scale tire and they will be staying on my rig for a while.

I concur on the tire comparison. I ran the Rock Crushers at both KOB1 and KOB2 and both times I blew 3 beads. At KOB1 Badger and I went back and forth on who blew more beads throughout the race. At KOB2 Badger had no blow outs and my 3rd blow out of the day nearly cost me the win.

After KOB2 we were crawling around and you could really see the difference between the old compound (Rock Crushers) and the newer compound (Rock Lox) tires. I have a set of the new compound Rock Crusher tires, but like Badger, I actually like the slipping in a way.

-Sam

Back