• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
What are the dimensions of the flatbed? How do you think it would look with a clod buster front would the cab be too small?

But think your missing some action shots..lol
I've got some nice action shots from this last weekends creek run, what a fawking blast this rig was to drive.

John, can we get more pics of what you are talking about with the lowering of the body? I don't have mine yet but its on the way and I have been trying to get a few idea's.
could you please show your mod for the cab and cage. thanx
I'll post up more details of this very soon.

Asshole , I was going to paint mine Hunter Green . Oh well back to the paint rack at the LHS .
You can paint yours Hunter green also, don't bother me. I just wanted to try and match my old 1:1.

Looks great Badger! Get those action pics up "thumbsup"
Yes sir, right away sir.

nice photography, made me feel like i was holding it in my hands.
Now that's a nice complement. Thanks. "thumbsup"

How do those Proline shocks preform compaired to the stockers?
They performed very nice. The stock shocks work great and really don't need to be replaced but I just like the look of aluminum shocks so that is why I changed.

Looks great."thumbsup"

I love the way you painted the bed up. the flat black looks good on the underside. Is the red for the fuel cell painted on with a brush or did you mask it all off and spray it?

Did you tint just the back windows or is it the lighting?
If they are tinted what tint did you use?

Also how did you outline the back windows in black?
Did you use a small brush and did you paint the outline on the inside or outside?
I am also curious why you did not outline the door windows and windsheild. It looks fine...I am just curious.

thanks
The red on the fuel cell from sticker that come with the kit. It's nice because all you really have to do is spray the bed silver then apply the stickers and you get a nice red fuel cell with gas cap also.

The tint on the back windows are window stickers that come with the kit.

The outline on the back windows are from the tinted window stickers that again come with the kit. 8) I didn't use the window stickers for the doors and windshield because even though they are clear with the black outline they IMO clouded up the windows a little and I liked the more clear look from just the lexan. I could have outlined the front windows with a black marker but I am not good at painting or masking and probably would have just messed it up.

What are the dimensions of the flatbed? How do you think it would look with a clod buster front would the cab be too small?
The flatbed is 7" long, 7" wide and 4 1/4" tall. If I remember correctly the clod buster bodies are fairly small so I don't know if this would be a good fit.

hey badger are you going to waterproof that rig..looks bro"thumbsup"
I finished this build around 2 am the morning that I was taking it crawling so I didn't have time to waterproof anything, but I definitely will be cause it sucked having to carry it across the creek.

Thanks for all the compliments, but I have to give Axial the credit in making another great scaler and just looks bad ass right out of the box. Any monkey can put these things together as I have proven time and time again.

Here's the action shots of my rig from last Sundays trail run at Stevens Creek.

abd.jpg

abg.jpg

abh.jpg

abn.jpg

abo.jpg

abq.jpg

abu.jpg

abv.jpg

abx.jpg

aby.jpg

acc.jpg

acd.jpg

This is why you carry insurance when crawling with Dean, this is not posed.

acg.jpg

ach.jpg

acj.jpg

ack.jpg

acl.jpg

About half way through the crawling trip I got tired of the lack of traction the Trail Doctors were providing so I swapped out to my new set of DarkSoul Racing 1.9 wheels and RC4WD Rock Crusher tires.

acn.jpg

acp.jpg

aco.jpg

Found some mud!

adg.jpg

adh.jpg

adi.jpg

adn.jpg

ado.jpg

adp.jpg

Last edited:
Truck looks MUCH better with the lower body/flatbed! I laughed at the clodtalk reference "thumbsup" Also good to see a new Honcho that isn't painted all flat black (played out already IMO)

I really like the looks of those DarkSoul wheels "thumbsup"

Took the Honcho crawling out crawling yesterday with baby Axial, Dean, Sam, James and his boy, a solid 6 hours of crawling made for a killer day.

Was driving on this trail, pulled up next to this antiquated rig and had to get a close up pic of his bumper sticker........

Attachments

• I_heart_badger.JPG
    I_heart_badger.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 2,029
Last edited:
Had a blast "thumbsup" Hopefully some of the video turned out alright.

Some of the video turned out good, I actually laughed out loud when I saw the part where my rig rolled over on it's side and your rig was right next to mine just sitting there until James son walked all the way down the rock to flip my rig back over. It looked like you tried to bump by rig over at the last second just as he was reaching for my truck but he ended up putting my rig back on it's tires. He is one of the nicest kids I know, you on the other hand are not one of the nicest kids I know.

I can't work on any of the video I've taken until after the new year when I get these damn taxes done. :-(

Last edited:
While crawling with Slinky Sam he told me about an an idea he had of running a scale King of the Hammers run, it would be a 0.5 mile run (5 scale miles) run that traverses over fast smooth sections as well as technical rocky sections.

So I figured I would try to rebuild my stock Honcho into a rig bullet proof enough to run a scale King of the Hammers run. First I need to make sure my rig has plenty of wheel speed and enough low end resolution to crawl the slow technical sections. Like Sam does on his rig, I want to carry all spare parts that I may need the rig.

I started by removing the Novak Goat crawler system and installed a Holmes Hobbies TorqueMaster BR-XL ESC as well as a Holmes Hobbies Cobalt Puller 5T motor geared down using a 12T pinion. I will be using my standard 2S lipo pack to power the rig.

Next I installed a set of Vanquish High Steer Knuckles so I don't have to worry about breaking a knuckle and provide additional clearance under the tie rod.

I ordered a set of the Axial NVS Light system (Night Vision System) last week, should arrive any day now. Now that I have the lights on the way I need to get working on installing the light buckets.

I'll have some pics posted this weekend.

Last edited:
May I ask , I have the problem that the servo arm hit the chassis brace when articulation ( even small amount of compression)
how do you fix that problem ? Thank you.

Last edited:
yeah I have been seeing that problem often and was wondering your thoughts as well on the Badg.
Im thinking I will just get the hands bros. kit since it will give my truck less points having it on the chassis.

May I ask , I have the problem that the servo arm hit the chassis brace when articulation ( even small amount of compression)
how do you fix that problem ? Thank you.
I used a Hitec aluminum servo horn and it clears it no problem.

Nice trAil pics the crushers look better than the trail docs
Thanks, I agree.

yeah I have been seeing that problem often and was wondering your thoughts as well on the Badg.
Im thinking I will just get the hands bros. kit since it will give my truck less points having it on the chassis.
I wanted a hand bros kit but I guess there not available yet for the Honcho, oh well, the stock setup works very well.

Last edited:
Back