• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Link Drill Bushing

All PMs have been returned.
I'll have a new shipment going out tomorrow morning.

All shipments went out today.

Also, due to demand, 1/4" x 3mm (#39 drill).
Again I recommend using McMaster-Carr Delrin, even though sometimes they drop the ball on the diameter tolerances. Maximum link diameter is .254".
If you want a larger pilot hole, use the #39 first then remove the guide and ream the existing hole out.
Drillguide3.jpg

Same price applies, $7.50 per bushing
$12 for any two bushings.
$18 for one of each, all three sizes.

No, there's not enough demand to buy a bar of 5/8" st.st. for $100, machine it and then sit on it for years after selling three guides.
The guide would be over an inch long also.

Yes,
but a drills flutes are sharp too and as you push the drill in harder material the drill will resist and bow. When the drill bows, the flutes push into the guide and it will wear much faster than if you were drilling plastic.
You'll get your $7.50 out of it for sure.

You would be the first person to ask for this size, that's the demand. You'd be best off with the tape shim method.

Nice ideas my friend,

Gotta' have a couple of those drill bushings:cool:

PM sent"thumbsup"

Payment sent, Thanks Doug "thumbsup"

Also, I appreciate the tip on the delrin hook-up.
McMaster-Carr is the sheeot! Ordered a couple 4' sticks of 5/16 & 3/8, come home 2 days later to a cardboard tube of slickness wedged in my storm-door:D

Paid WAAAY less too;)

Orders shipped.

MM-C is great, they do however drop the ball sometimes with QA.
I did have one person say that his guide didn't fit his MM-C material.
I 100% the counterbore on these guides to be at my spec of .3155".

I think MM-C also has weird shipping days. Sometimes people have to wait a week, some others a day.
Just for another source, onlinemetals sells black delrin also.
Delrin link
I just didn't see what tolerance they hold.

Received mine, should be getting a few sticks of delrin early this week, excited to try them out, Thanks for manufacturing this product!

Back