• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Link Drill Bushing

Got it.
That's typical USPS first class, 2 days for neighboring states, 3 for the rest.
I'm actually working on getting these in the mail today.

Big thanks Doug,

Thats got to be the fastest I've ever received ANYTHING from Cali.:)
2 days and Bam....
DSC02898.jpg

They fit the McMaster Stock like a glove.

BTW, Nice machining on these little dudes, the beveled edges are a nice touch. SMOOTH"thumbsup"

Time for me to DO WORK;)

I CNC machine them so it would be a shame to not make them pleasing to the eye as well as perform correctly.

Pm sent want to get all 3 pieces "thumbsup"

*edit: payment sent*

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to use this, and I gotta say Doug made an AMAZING product that made my life a TON easier. Here is my story:
I hate buying things that I can make. I decided a while back to make some delrin links. I was up at my cabin in Tahoe, and got out the delrin. I tried forever to find center on these. Finally I decide screw it, and I would just drill them after measuring for days. I never found center, and nothing worked right. In comes Doug to the rescue. He got me one of these bushings, and I decided to try them out last night. I put them over the delrin, and drilled. Instant center was never so easy to find. I drilled 8 links, and then get my tap and tapped them to fit the rod ends. I was done with the links in less than 2 minutes each. What took me 15 minutes for each link before now took me only 5 minutes for a complete link!!!!!! Anyone that has ever tried to drill out these links before knows the work involved in finding the center of these. This takes all the guesswork out of finding center!!!!

So fially I want to say of all the tools I have for my crawler, this is by far the BEST tool I have. This is DEFINITLY the best money that can be spent on ANY tools for the do-it yourselfer... Pony up the money, don't buy a 6 pack of beer for a week, and build your own links for yourself and your friends!!!!!!

GREAT job Doug. This is the best tool I can think of.

DIMa

Just want to add - I too have ordered twice from Doug. Super fast shipping.

It's a great product.

I made my first set of custom steering links from 1/4" delrin. Fit the Mcmaster stock perfect. Was really easy to use and do!

I actually found at least with the 1/4" delrin it was easy to cut using a PVC pipe cutter. Snapped a clean flat cut everytime.

Thank you Doug!"thumbsup"

They do work great. "thumbsup" I used the 1/4" bushing over the weekend to make some upper links. The only thing I did different was open the holes larger after using the bushing for 4mm set screws. With the hole already centered it was easy. Hopefully the 1/4" delrin will hold up to the 4mm set screw.

I just received my set of 3

Very nice work, Sir. I checked all 3 with my trusty digital calipers, and the tolerances are perfect.
Thank you much. I plan to get a lot of use out of these.

-Ari

Back