• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Link Drill Bushing

This is a great product. It definitely made drilling my 5/16" links much easier. Did my uppers, lowers, steering, and torsion links very cleanly. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

Great product bro got here quick too. Just finished making my first set of links for my MRC 1/4 delrin total snap with this bushing!

Could you explain what you did for drilling the smaller 1/4" delrin?
Alot of people want me to make 1/4" bushing but I think there should be a simple fix to use as a spacer.

This is a great product. It definitely made drilling my 5/16" links much easier. Did my uppers, lowers, steering, and torsion links very cleanly. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup"

I used one to make some new crossbars for the new Fubar chassis, made me happy with my ow work, :). I usually just chuck the rods in a lathe but I didn't feel like driving to work.

*UPDATE*
I now have some more 3/8" x 4mm (#30 drill), I'll be running more this week.

I will not be making 1/2" bushings, not enough demand for them and the material cost alot more being it has to be 5/8" stainless and the part needs to be longer in order to meet my standards as a drill guide.

I'd like a 3/8 and 5/16. When will they be available and how do I pay ya?
PM me and I'll get you my Paypal addy.
Available bushings will be shown in my signature at the bottom of my posts, if I run out of one I'll edit that size out.

Can somebody explain how the chamfer'er works?

Link to site

The right side of the tool counter-sinks the inside corner of a hole which helps to guide the tap. The left side of the tool chamfers the outside corner of rod material, in this case for looks and so the link doesn't have a sharp edge to grab rocks with.

All recent orders shipped yesterday, Thx

thanks doug put the links together last night the bushing made it easy get the holes centered thanks again"thumbsup".......mike

Doug, any word on a 1/4" bushing?

I been using tape wrapped around the ends to make up for the gap difference but its extremely time consuming.

Doug, any word on a 1/4" bushing?

I been using tape wrapped around the ends to make up for the gap difference but its extremely time consuming.

Nothing yet but check this out. I think a super cheap and easy mod to make the 5/16" bushing work perfectly on 1/4" rod would be using some plastic tube.
Pneumatic tubing used for instant manifolds, pop-it valves and in many cases drip irrigation. Usually found at hardware stores. I have some at work, I'll check tomorrow.

All inquiring PMs have been returned.
All recent shipments went out today except for a couple that may have come in late last night, in which they will go out with the next shipment on Saturday.

I tried some nylon tube for a 1/4" spacer. What I found was some landscaping tubing that measured 3/8" OD and 1/4" ID. Worked perfect but the 3/8" bushing is meant for a 4mm (#30 drill).
I couldn't find a listing for 5/16 OD by .030"wall, that would be the perfect spacer for the 5/16 x 3mm bushing.

Back