• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Justinart24's Sportsman Crawler (5th Dimension Sucker Punch)

justinart24

I wanna be Dave
I have been slooooowly collecting parts for a new sportsmen rig. I built a couple sportsmans back in the day but with all the sick parts out now it should turnout a little better.

My old Shafty build...
http://warcrc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5103

Here is my old school sportsmans...can you say super nooooob.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jelYAylyB_8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Hahahah....grean alum and crappy steering links FTW!!!:happy::D
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5o2LtUMWS_c" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

ESC: Tekin FXR
Motor: Brood Spector 35T
BEC: Caste Creations
Servo: Hitec 7950
Chassis: 5th Dimension Sucker Punch (G10 Material)
Axles: Wraith
Links: DLux
C-Hub: Axial
Knuckles: XR10 VP
Steering Link: Custom Titanium
Wheels: 5th Dimension Composite
Tires: Narrowed Voodoo gold pins
Foams: CI 6.0 narrow comp cut soft foams in front and 6.0 narrow soft foams in the rear

Links are from Dlux.
FU: 119MM
FL: 118MM
RU: 135MM
RL: 120MM

Krawler Konceptz Metallic Inside Skins before painting....
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-paint-body/279124-krawler-konceptz-skins.html
IMG_9315_zps793c4fbf.jpg

IMG_9316_zps4a60bc10.jpg

IMG_9321_zps5abad887.jpg

Just painted it with some "Outlaw Black".
IMG_9324_zps0bba4a64.jpg

IMG_9326_zps8752020d.jpg

IMG_9331_zpse294d66a.jpg

Next to big brother.:D
IMG_9323_zpsb220f957.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a update on my Sportsman. I am going to re-map out the wiring a bit more but I got it running and took it out to a WARCRC event last year. I can't wait to for the new 2018 WARCRC Crawler series.

Slide1_zpsrwgqnqwy.png

Slide4_zpspen8ra6r.png

Slide3_zpscoxltc2t.png

Slide2_zpsm3lsgbau.png

Slide6_zpsdb9mfcvb.png

Slide7_zps24zr7eck.png

Slide8_zpsdpewwhsm.png

Last edited:
Here is a update on my Sportsman. I am going to re-map out the wiring a bit more but I got it running and took it out to a WARCRC event last year. I can't wait to for the new 2018 WARCRC Crawler series.

Slide1_zpsrwgqnqwy.png

Slide4_zpspen8ra6r.png

Slide3_zpscoxltc2t.png

Slide2_zpsm3lsgbau.png

Slide6_zpsdb9mfcvb.png

Slide7_zps24zr7eck.png

Slide8_zpsdpewwhsm.png

Did you narrow the voodoos ur self?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great man, I saw the wheels on Failbook and thought they looked mint, even better when attached to the body."thumbsup"

Nice, very nice!
Thanks, I can't wait for the next WARCRC crawler comp to test out the new tire setup.
Did you narrow the voodoos ur self?
Chris from 5th Dimension did those for me, he is a pro at it. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice build"thumbsup"
What does it weigh RTR?
What is your track width?
Also, thank you for posting your complete foam set up:mrgreen:
Weight? Track width? Come on man, I don't know that.... I am a scaler guy trying to play in the crawler world...lol. But kidding aside, I don't have a scale and I am still playing with the hub selection to clear the knuckles and etc. I will post a update later this week. BTW, no worries on the foam info.... I more put it in the build thread so I can review it later and remember what I used.....hahahahaha.
Looks great man, I saw the wheels on Failbook and thought they looked mint, even better when attached to the body."thumbsup"
Thanks! Yeah, the over head light I am using for my scale garage was a little too bright while I took those pics.... lesson learned. :mrgreen:

Nice rig!
Can't you put the FXR up front, close to the battery?
It would be in a better position (front and low)...

If you turn the mounts for the servo around so the servo sits closer to the axle housing, pull the c hubs off and clock them 1 spline further back and drill new holes to secure them you will gain a good bit of steering and be able to remove the balls spacing up the tie rod.

Great pictures and a good looking rig!
What do you use the tray behind the BEC for?
You could place your electronics there or the battery and improve your CG...

If you turn the mounts for the servo around so the servo sits closer to the axle housing, pull the c hubs off and clock them 1 spline further back and drill new holes to secure them you will gain a good bit of steering and be able to remove the balls spacing up the tie rod.
It's been on the to do list, always a work in progress.

Great pictures and a good looking rig!
What do you use the tray behind the BEC for?
Justin: It was a old lipo tray, just left it after I put the lipo on the side to help with sliding.

You could place your electronics there or the battery and improve your CG...
Justin: Na, I don't mind my FXR up high, I am not a national champ... just drive for fun....lol. I just think it helps me keep it out of the rain a bit too.

Back