• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Just another 2dr JK.

boredblitzen

Got a Dingo kit for my birthday so not going to bore with the basic putting together of the kit. Not much for the dingo body so got a Pro-Line 2dr Jeep body. It's also my first attempt at painting an rc body.

Got/did the following:

• · Upgraded front and rear links to 4 link.
  • · Hitec 37955S servo
  • · Futaba 4PLS radio
  • · Cheapo 27t motor with older futaba esc (to be upgraded when funding allows)
  • · Some cheapo plastic beadlocks
  • · Added rear body extenders (home made from aluminum tubing) as the rear rubbed for the first run, this also allowed for the rear dingo bumper to be installed.

clear_shell_zps94h8bqul.jpg

body_mount_zpsoiwkm6w0.jpg

before_decals_zpsuucro7a3.jpg

outside_zpshbzojds5.jpg

uphill_zpskot2hmfm.jpg

Another thing I did was I found some brackets laying around, and they lined up with the screw holes. So I made my own bracket for my esc. Once I get a better esc, I'll prob put it in a box and what not, but for now this works.

esc-mount_zpsqji69ibe.jpg

esc-mounted_zpsbaimccpq.jpg

Got the D-Rings and Tow chain in the mail today. Put them on. Just adds that little bit to the rig. Peter wanted to help so I had him hold the tow chain.

20160104_172019_zpsctgqhaxi.jpg

Also had to get Rocket in there helping out.

20160105_190056_zpsoeezpn2z.jpg

Thanks. I was back and forth with which color I wanted, so figured i would mix the yellow and the orange. As you can see there was some overspray with the black, but i think it just adds to it overall.

Here's a few more shots of when i was painting. Marbled the yellow with a bag. (tamiya PS6)

20160102_143914_zpsap4rcukn.jpg

Then backed it with metallic orange. (Tamiya PS61)

painted_body_zpsbesir7y2.jpg

So ordered a roof rack. Got it in the mail and installed I last night. Hooking up the LEDs to come at a later time.

20160107_173117_zpsrrtzhksa.jpg

20160107_173046_zpshpyx3xsw.jpg

So not much new lately. Got some aluminum C-hubs as well as aluminum straight axle adapters. Got them orange to match the wheels.

20160123_162520_zpskakxiqfq.jpg

20160123_162547_zpsngkypkai.jpg

I like it, she's looking good. I especially like that managed to co-ordinate your hubs/paint/lock rings - points for that.

An old Futaba MC210! I have about a dozen of those, haven't managed to kill one yet. Great ESC's, don't see too many anymore.

Nice work so far, and a good start for your first paint job. Might I suggest taking an ultra-fine sharpie and outlining some of the body panels - doors, hood, etc? Really makes that body pop.

So looks like it's been a while since I've had an update. I haven't ran it much but the other day I did take the front wheels off and noticed they were rubbing on the steering knuckles.
20160504_090635_zpslma1eeen.jpg

So I took that opportunity to buy some better beadlock wheels.
20160513_180603_zpsand4zy8a.jpg

Looking great. Next body, once you have it all painted up, back it in black. Gives it more scale look that seeing the white under the body. Just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I get that for the scale look. I did some sample of the paints backed in black and white, it came out too dark for what i was going for when it was backed in black. Another thought would be to make some fender wells and paint those black. Since it's a lighter color top, the white actually make sense for being seen through the back windows. My dad had a jeep with a grey hard top (similar to this) and the whole thing was grey, including inside. Come to think of it, most jeeps I've see, the floor pan and what not is the same color as the exterior. So for a true scale look, I shouldn't have backed it with anything.

Last edited:
So I figured a jeep wasn't a jeep without a rear mounted spare tire. Ordered a new bumper and got it in yesterday.

20160516_180455_zpsagbusein.jpg

20160516_180507_zpsxeyk5mjq.jpg

Back