• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Jato the Ultra

Glad to see your Ultra build is back on track!

Body looks great! The VP Method 310’s with the blue rings look great with the body color!

Nice 3D printed battery stop! That should hold the battery in there nicely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are painted on, just used two thin runs of tamiya masking tape to do it.

OK thank you. It's simple, but clean and it looks great.

Glad to see your Ultra build is back on track!

Body looks great! The VP Method 310’s with the blue rings look great with the body color!

Nice 3D printed battery stop! That should hold the battery in there nicely!

Thank you! I'm a big fan of the wheels myself.

Agree with the others, that glue came out great. Nice work

Thank you! I'm excited to get this one out on the rocks. I need a better dig servo. The one I have doesn't return to a consistent center. Any suggestions?

OK thank you. It's simple, but clean and it looks great.

Thank you! I'm a big fan of the wheels myself.

Thank you! I'm excited to get this one out on the rocks. I need a better dig servo. The one I have doesn't return to a consistent center. Any suggestions?

I'm using a Tekin 120 low profile, super happy with it.

That's a lot of dough for a dig servo, but it'll be worth it if it works. The low profile is a bonus. Thanks for the input.

I know... I pulled it from a drift car and its been used as a dig servo for years now.

I have a dig in my Origin Limited as well but cant recall what servo I am using there.

After painting the body, I hit the interior and bed with two coats of flat clear. One coat didn't seem flat enough so I hit it again and it looks a little flatter. It may be my fault though. I tend to be a heavy sprayer so my coats don't end up being light. Still shinier than I expected judging from the photos of others, but it still looks good - much better than before. Thanks for the tip guys! How many coats of flat clear do you use?

Now I just need another driver figure.

Looks great! Nice improvement.

2-3 coats is usually what I try and stick too, adding much more can start to get a little ‘frosty’

Looks great! Nice improvement.

2-3 coats is usually what I try and stick too, adding much more can start to get a little ‘frosty’

That's what I was afraid of. Like it snowed inside the interior or unevenness.

that interior looks great, makes me regret just going plain old satin black with mine.

Thank you! You could probably paint this over the satin black too.

I think the interior looks great!

I do 2 light coats of flat clear, then lightly mist one more coat farther away to give a nice matte finish. The last light coat evens out the finish. If the clear is sprayed too close, it will look blotchy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ordered the Tekin T-120 servo for the dig. I still can't believe I spent $160 on a dig servo! :shock:

Back