• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

i just couldent help my self wpl d-12 build

suspention is in its alittle stiff but the battery and motor and speed controler still needs to go in so that will loosen up the suspention alittle bit more

heres a pic of the funky tortion sway suspention set up its gona be loosy goosy at some point but all the rod ends are new and giving plenty of dampening for how light it is

Last edited:
im just waiting on driveshafts now its mostly together im getting about 2" of flex plenty for this thing in my opinion i waiting for driveshafts right now the motor to trans shaft needed.to be custom built cause the output of the motor and input of the trans are different sizes i found boat shaft parts that would work i just need to asemble them with some minor mods when they get here and then it should be drivable im still waiting on a front shaft to but it will.drive with out it lol
all the.electronics seem to tuck under the cab behind the front.bumper puting more weight on the front end but keeps all the wireing clean

i still.need.to fab up a.rear bumper.and.a.brush guard for the.front also the front is gona.be hard though the available.space.isent gona work well with the frame i made and its tight under the front so thatz gona be fun lol

it lives but just bearly i still need a driveshaft up front the gear train is extremely loud kinda sounds like a sound kit or something lol but hay it runs the low speed control is ok i was worried about it being geared to high but i think its gona be ok

i still havent figured out how to mount the front bumper yet there isent much out front thats sturdy enuff so im holding off till i can figure something out

16DoYKh9_t.jpg

UVjjBtqp_b.jpg

HoqIfvFe_b.jpg

Last edited:
i got the bind out of the driveshafts and that quited it down some changed the skid plate and used flat head screws so it shouldent hang up on the skid plate i hope lol the tire foams werent up for the job the truck is only about 5lbs but 90% of that is up front and the tires are tiny it just sat on the rims so i turdunkend them i did end up using the stock foams that came with the smaller set of tires and the set up is a bit stiff but im counting on the foams to break in some they just need to give alittle extra suport but the ground clearence is alot better and it zteers so much better and i dident really loose and tractsion still not sure on the front bumper i might not make one im not sure yet

too it up to the back yard crawl spot were i do most of my testing and the drive shaft broke dang it
the center joint poped out and got lost so mozt likely l be ordering a new set and then ill have spares
i was beating it pretty hard and the biggest issue is the aproch angle i would cut it back but thats were all the electronics are lol so it is what it is

with the tiny tires its definitly a drivers rig if you dont pay attention to every little rock your hung up lol it is running 1.0s after all so its to be exspected

Super cool! Tomley just did an updated video on a D12 drifting it and putting a Holmes Hobbies brushless in his. It's definitely a unquie and cool work truck looking thing -- has Unimog-ish potentials

Back