• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

i just couldent help my self wpl d-12 build

ferp420

who did i wanna be again
Subscribed Member
i wasent gona do it but here it is a d-12 in my hands i dident even charge the battery and ran it for about 1 min and tore it down

i ended up with silver cause it was only $42 shiped i wanted a white one but i figured i could just paint it so i did i figured when it.gets.scratched it will show silver there could.be worse.things lol
one of the things i dident like was the right hand drive but that was a easy fix and now the wheel is on the right side or left side lol i think it looks good like this

ive juzt been working on the body i have no idea what i want to put under it though so ill just remount the body to original chassie for now untill i get some axlez under it

NcfK3mIl.jpg

5iM22zbl.jpg

qm6jRp8l.jpg

and heres the new dash lol
Am2dyL1l.jpg

bWuHgqcl.jpg

now i can live with that

Last edited:
Pick up one of the WPL C series and do a 4x4.
I will be doing that with my 2nd D12.

Fun lil Buggers

im leaning twards cut down ar44s i know the pumpkin will be huge on this little guy kinda like putting dana 60s on a full sizes one lol but when narrowed the pumpkin isent that big a deal i have a set of cut down ar60s on a rig this size and ive never had a issue were.the diff hang3s me up
and ill be able to run brass knuckles and lockouts if i go with ar44s
i thought about the everest 16 cause the size fits perfict but there discontinued i could get the exceed model thats still being sold but then finding the right weights for.that set up isent a.easy task i also thought about barrage axles but im not.finding enuff spare parts.to be.comfertable with then and.back to the weight issue i already have to hunt down 2 spools for the temper lol and thats hard enuff just in itself

i thought up a new " not realy new just never seen it done like this before " suspention design so this is gona be my test.bed for.that its basicly a.sway bar and.a torsion bar in one set.up its not.some new wild idea but i.think it will help keep the rig riding low it wont get much articulation but im not going for all out performance anyway im shooting for fun and quarky lol that should.be easy enuff lol

Ferp, have u thought about the thunder tiger xs? Same as the associated cr12. Those axles should b about the same width i would think. I just so happen to have one thats been sittin on the shelf collectin dust lol

WPL just released a "chassis" only kit. Not sure if you have to modify the wheel base but it's a possibility.

Ferp, have u thought about the thunder tiger xs? Same as the associated cr12. Those axles should b about the same width i would think. I just so happen to have one thats been sittin on the shelf collectin dust lol
ya i looked at the thunder tiger and.the cr12 but im not finding many parts for.them im worried about 5 years down the road when i break something and im afraid i wont be able.to get parts for them
basicly the same reason im not going with wpl or any of those other brands that poped up over the last year or 2 from china
same with the mrc clones there parts are already getting hard to find even though the only parts to break on the one i have was the plastic lockers and chubs i dont know if i can even get the metal lockers anymore

the ar44s would be the chapest option since i have a complete front axle already but its aluminum thats why i havent used it yet i would just need to build 1 axle

i dont know what would look better the cc01 with that giant ifs diff hanging down or the huge ar44 diffs hanging down

im open to other options im just looking at what i think will work from my own exsperiance

Last edited:
Any mini axles or the WPL axles.

Here’s some Losi Mini axles under the Yoder WPL.
ya im having a hard time finding parts for the mrc axles i have now i dont want another set to try and find parts for althogh thats a vary budget option considering you can still get mini rock crawler clones for under $100

im thinking ill get the tires and wheels i want to run first than work on mounting them last thing i want is the pumpkin draging on everything

Last edited:
ya im having a hard time finding parts for the mrc axles i have now i dont want another set to try and find parts for althogh thats a vary budget option considering you can still get mini rock crawler clones for under $100

im thinking ill get the tires and wheels i want to run first than work on mounting them last thing i want is the pumpkin draging on everything

I agree. It took me months for those axles to come across fleaBay and that was still a few years ago, too.

i started geting in to the cad program and drew up a frame and cut it out

now i can transfer the cardboard cut out to some plastic im gona use the interior as part of the frame to save space so the back rails will mount to the back of the seats

Last edited:
esc and servo on the way
i ordered a low profile servo should be plenty of power for these tiny tires
and i got a no name chineese 35 amp esc and i plan on using a small outrunner
i have the same set up in my 1/12 scale rig but this one wont have a pinnion and spur gear
its gona be direct drive to the trans input i figure the tiny tires the gearing will be ok

here is were the servo is gona go this is a full size just for mock up but you can see why i went with the low profile servo

axle housings are on there way and i figure ill use the guts out of the broken temper axles ive got here and cant seem to find any parts to fix it the temper will probably get 10ii axles down the road some day

Back