• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How-To:Cutting with thread

Great tip...I will give this a try..I am going to cut up a midnight pumpkin for my next scaler project..

Im completely new to this, havent even bought a truck yet... still researching and what not before I make decisions but this is a pretty dope trick, Never thought of it before with my other RC's! "thumbsup"

Great idea! Have you tried dental floss? It should be stronger than thread. I used to use it to remove emblems on cars without hurting the paint or messing up the emblem. It's an old paint and body trick for 1.1 vehicles.
i would have never thought of this but can understand how this would work. do u use waxed or non waxed floss to do this?

Very cool trick. What's the best method to re-attach the panels? Like the guy who bobbed and dovetailed hit Toyota, how do you/what is a good glue to use? Also, how do fill the seams to looks clean for paint?
Thanks...

I cut up my first perfectly good hard body the other day. So easy & clean even worth the stares I got while doing it.
Thanks for the tip

I found that regular thread was a bit weak, I bought some heavy duty thread that was a lot thicker and stronger then plain ol thread "thumbsup" ....

Back