• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How-To:Cutting with thread

Works

Well now that I have tried this first hand I can say for sure that this was as useful as I had anticipated. I cut off the top to my 4 runner body I got from bigbyrd without a slip. I used two wooden dinner trays to tape my body to so it would be easy to get to the string from underneath in the middle. "thumbsup"

for some reason, reading that just killed me. :lmao:

me too :D

thisthreadis128483904188593750.jpg

Thread works well, but 1) it can take a looong time to do, 2) you need some seriously heavy duty thread to cut ABS plastic, and 3) it can be difficult to cut a straight line.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I used to use twine to cut PVC pipe with I never would of thought of using thread though, Good tip keep them coming!!

Good idea I've always use the string to take emblems off cars.its works for plastic body's thanks good to know.

Wow that is a way cool way of cutting "thumbsup" im going to be starting a hardbody LJ project and l was wondering about this kind of cutting l want to make the hood open as well way cool...

Found just as needed with two new bodies that need potential trimming - man, this place is a resource!

Back