• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC

THis is what I am seeing. I have the site open in another window, can’t find any brushed motors on it.
They mainly make brushless stuff, but they have started making brushed ESCs. The 1080 is by far their best brushed ESC offering and it's one of the best brushed ESCs available, period. Brushed motors are very easy to come by - RC4WD, Team Brood, Holmes, Gool RC, etc.

Gotta love being Canadian. The shipping rates just killed the deal for me. I can buy the 1080 online from several places for a better price because they charge so much less for shipping...

Gotta love being Canadian. The shipping rates just killed the deal for me. I can buy the 1080 online from several places for a better price because they charge so much less for shipping...
Bummer. They offer free shipping to the US.

Bummer. They offer free shipping to the US.
I seems that is pretty standard down there. With our third world currency and shipping rates deals are not so easy to get up here. Typically if I have a trip to the US planned I have a few things shipped to a parcel service down there and pick it up. It’s makes the trip that much more enjoyable and I get a few deals.

Those years when the two currencies were on par were pretty amazing for cross border deals.

Saw this show up in my email yesterday and checked the prices out. If you live in California this deal is pretty much dead. The tax kills it and the price ends up only being around the same you can get from an out of state vendor.

Soon we will live in the Era of bitcoins, the Old world currencies will mean jack shit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Saw this show up in my email yesterday and checked the prices out. If you live in California this deal is pretty much dead. The tax kills it and the price ends up only being around the same you can get from an out of state vendor.
Another reason why CA sucks. :lmao:

Soon we will live in the Era of bitcoins, the Old world currencies will mean jack shit.
I foresee Bitcoin crashing hard.

I had just ordered my first one from RPP Hobbies a couple days ago... Dangit. But, it WAS with a 10% off December coupon code.

I had just ordered my first one from RPP Hobbies a couple days ago... Dangit. But, it WAS with a 10% off December coupon code.
What did they sock you to ship it? Shipping kills any RPP deal as of late and that is the reason that, sadly, I stopped buying from them.

Lol
Its not my product.
I havent mentioned where to go buy it either.
Just stating my price

Lol
Its not my product.
I havent mentioned where to go buy it either.
Just stating my price

Remove your sig or I'll do it for you. You aren't as sly as you think you are, and if you can't follow the rules, I'll happily show you the door.

Last edited:
What did they sock you to ship it? Shipping kills any RPP deal as of late and that is the reason that, sadly, I stopped buying from them.

When I ordered, they were doing free shipping for orders over $49 - and that's still on through tomorrow (Friday)...

That order also has a Holmes Trailmaster 550 21t, a Castle BEC 2.0, and a set of GearHead RC aluminum 2.2 beadlock rings (4) so I can switch my new CAC wheels from all-black to silver and black by swapping outer rings.

Got at least 10% off all items with the DEC10 code and free shipping.

The ESC & motor are for my Ascender - picked up a FlySky GT3C & a $19 20kg WP MG servo (with free aluminum clamp-on servo horn!) for it as well, from various other hobby shops that sell through Amazon.

Merry Xmas to me, indeed...

Gotta say the FlySky is incredibly nice for the money - makes me feel silly for buying the Futaba 3PV for the unbuilt Bomber, I could of just got another FlySky receiver!

It has something that I really like - such a petty detail, but it has a lanyard hole, just in the right spot - I hung it from my German flag-colored lanyard and when I let go it hangs at the perfect height... so no more having to set down the radio when scrambling after a upside-down rig, or when picking up the rig to switch on/off the ESC, unplug the battery, have a smoke or a drink, etc.

i'm currently running this ESC with a Traxxas 21T 550 in both my RR10 Bomber and my Wraith both on 3S, what an awesome little ESC to work with.

Did anyone running the hobbywing 1080 have issues calibrating it?I picked one up for my trx Ive done as the instructions say turn on remote press and hold set button while pushing the power button i leave it in the neutral position press set and that seems to be as far as i can calibrate it. When i turn it back off and on the led just flashes constantly

After pressing for neutral, go full reverse + press, the full forward + press.
Then wait until is stops beeping and it should be done.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back