• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC

The higher the PWM frenquency is basically a little more heat to make the motor quiet.

Make it at least 8k.

I use the max setting on a titan 550 21T and there is no esc sound at all

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So, the difference it's the motor being quieter? Currently, the setting its at the minimum, 1k and the sound it's not anything unusual

Word on the streets is that setting the PWM frequency to 16k makes it run quieter.

its the high pitched whine that you can hear on low percentage throttle that is reduced when you move to a higher PWM because it moves to a range that we can't hear

Depending on your preferences, thats more an afterthought. the PWM alters the punch and the higher the frequency the smoother the throttle will feel and the cooler your motor will run. I've read a lot of different things about it. for racing the theory is anything over about 5k is no benefit as you're just making extra work for the esc, for crawling it could be different as you want very smooth throttle inputs

Cheers

16K for the win. There's nothing better than no electronic noise while crawling - makes it very peaceful actually.

That noise is feedback for me. I used it to gauge how much throttle I have to use and also to determine when the truck is bound up.

I should give silent a shot though.

Nice Write up! I absolutely love my quicrun 1080s. So much I ended up buying 2 more to swap into my other rigs!
Paired up with a 35t tekin 550 its un stoppable in my ascender.

I run all mine at 8K, no issues.

The BEC voltage has burned out one light controller though, waiting for it to do the same on the cheap servos. :roll:
:lmao:

I think I stepped my main rig back down to 6v, seems to work just fine for the ds3218 servo.

Love this esc - best thing going. Especially when you compare it to a stock dynamite that came with the ascenders.

Last edited:
I run all mine at 8K, no issues.

The BEC voltage has burned out one light controller though, waiting for it to do the same on the cheap servos. :roll:
:lmao:

I think I stepped my main rig back down to 6v, seems to work just fine for the ds3218 servo.

Love this esc - best thing going. Especially when you compare it to a stock dynamite that came with the ascenders.

I still run my 1080 BEC at the lower power output for my DS3218 servo, so far it does fine.

Later on when I've ordered a second one of those servos (they are so inexpensive at less than $18-$19) I may bump the BEC output to see if I notice a difference.

It may be that would shorten its lifespan, but I've put it through hell for 7 months without issue so far.

Its specs are:

Stall Torque (5V): 19 kg/cm (263.8oz/in)
Stall Torque (6.8V): 21.5 kg/cm (298.5 oz/in)
Speed : 0.16 sec/60°(5V) / 0.14 sec/60°(6.8V)
Operating Voltage: 4.8 ~ 6.8 DC Volts

As the choices for the 1080 ESC BEC voltage are 6v and 7.4v, I've been playing it safe so far by only using 6v.

"thumbsup"

Last edited:
My guess is if it has a rating for 6.8v it should run okay on 7.4v. Mine runs fine there, but it seems like it stalls easier than the old savox 0231 and I think that one is only rated for about 200oz-in, so I dunno.
I've had to step my bec volts back for lighting - running them off a servo channel and burned out a controller with 7.4v. So I would likely run the higher volts for a comp or something, but for bashing and trailrunning with lighting the 6v is just fine.

Really like these controllers. Lot of bang for for the buck.

So I soldered my wires in reverse and broke my soldering iron. I am now reversing the force settings for forward and reverse. Is there anything wrong with this approach? Im using the radio to reverse the signal, but it was going 100% on reverse while it was set to 50%, indicating it was backwards.

I don't think you can break anything.

If the motor has timing, you might need to find the right rotation for it first.

Otherwise its fine

This is my first QuickRun ( going into the SCX10.2 ) but not first Hobbywing; have several esyruns in other applications.
Having trouble getting the Prog card to talk to the 1080. ESC flashes like crazy and the card shows dash lines. I have let it sit for some time but no joy.
Do I need to set the up the unit with the Set button first ?? The EasyRuns just worked with the card seamlessly.

Prog Card instruction folder says brushless, the card says its Brushed but the instructions only apply to lining up the card to the ESC.

Im stumped.

My prog card came with the 1080, plugs to the fan port on top and works without any glitch.

Faulty card?

This is my first QuickRun ( going into the SCX10.2 ) but not first Hobbywing; have several esyruns in other applications.
Having trouble getting the Prog card to talk to the 1080. ESC flashes like crazy and the card shows dash lines. I have let it sit for some time but no joy.
Do I need to set the up the unit with the Set button first ?? The EasyRuns just worked with the card seamlessly.

Prog Card instruction folder says brushless, the card says its Brushed but the instructions only apply to lining up the card to the ESC.

Im stumped.

What instructions "folder" are you talking about?

As was said before, you have to plug the programming card into the fan port on HobbyWing ESCs.

Back