• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ISDT ESC90 90A Brushed Motor Electronic Speed Controller

1080 is great but is just barely updated old-tech ESC ... you need full access to the ESC to adjust settings provided you didn't forgot the right card and your long-enough servo cable, and all it does, the ISDT's ESC does the same ... but the ISDT's ESC offers more ... you can burry it and forget it inside your truck like I do, with a switch as far as you need from it (just too bad they choosed this round form factor, square would have been better), and it provides custom throttle/brake curves ... no need to ditch the RTR radio anymore ... for half the price of a 1080.

1080 is great but is just barely updated old-tech ESC ... you need full access to the ESC to adjust settings provided you didn't forgot the right card and your long-enough servo cable, and all it does, the ISDT's ESC does the same ... but the ISDT's ESC offers more ... you can burry it and forget it inside your truck like I do, with a switch as far as you need from it (just too bad they choosed this round form factor, square would have been better), and it provides custom throttle/brake curves ... no need to ditch the RTR radio anymore ... for half the price of a 1080.

Well yes, if my not fail anymore with new update.
Then i am happy.

The Bluetooth/Wifi programming is great, like you say
easy, and throttle curves and so on.
Wish that Hobbywing will have this in future, or soon too.
Because programcards are very old fashion to be honest.
It is 2010
year 2020+ all should be BT/WIFI by phone compatible.

It has Power. I use 12t fast motor 550 Holmes.
No heat issues or power issues.

Only software issue.
Anyways i have update now to the latest.
Hope this works fine now. Because yes, they are cheap and great
if you dont have Software issues.

I will report after i have run 5-6packs more how it goes with new software version.
Now rig waiting parts. It will sit 1week, i can not run this right now.
I did broke drive shaft.

After i install new i will know if it loose memory again.
If not then it is good,
i need also drive couple more packs if it have memory left end of
next week with new parts.

I will tell more after 2more weeks from now
how it works after some more driving and time with new Software version.

Tuxtang, you never had any issues?
You have pictures? Like to see what 6rigs you got. What motors you run ? Cells ? Rigs with these ISDT ESCs

No pics of these rigs ... not easy to shoot where they're stored.

Currently with the ISDT I have :
Wraith 1.9 RTR with stock motor and stock radio
2 Reely Freemen 6x6 (copy of SCX10.2 6x6 with portals) both with their stock 550 21T and radio both WIP
1 Reely FreeMen 1.0 (copy of SCX10.2 4x4) with some no-name 35T (WIP)
1 Rochobby 1/6th Willys stock motor and radio (disassembled)
1 in the Absima Sherpa stock motor and radio at the country house
There's also a Fusion SE in the XT4, some 1060s here and there, and the 1080 in the Ascender.

Only issue I've ever had with this ESC was when using an old NiMh battery with the ESC setup for LiPo.

No pics of these rigs ... not easy to shoot where they're stored.

Currently with the ISDT I have :
Wraith 1.9 RTR with stock motor and stock radio
2 Reely Freemen 6x6 (copy of SCX10.2 6x6 with portals) both with their stock 550 21T and radio both WIP
1 Reely FreeMen 1.0 (copy of SCX10.2 4x4) with some no-name 35T (WIP)
1 Rochobby 1/6th Willys stock motor and radio (disassembled)
1 in the Absima Sherpa stock motor and radio at the country house
There's also a Fusion SE in the XT4, some 1060s here and there, and the 1080 in the Ascender.

Only issue I've ever had with this ESC was when using an old NiMh battery with the ESC setup for LiPo.

Cool

Absima Sherpa must be very good? These got 2speed? difflockers by remote and so on right?

How do you like Reely Freemen 6x6 ?
With good tires like Proline it must be a beast.
Im worried they will not handle 3s and grippy tires maybe?
Price is only 325euro.
Have you try different tires and 3s? Fun to know if they handle that

Sherpa is a good truck ... usable 2-speed, independant diff lockers, better CG than the og TRX4. Would have been better without portals.

FreeMen 6x6 is ... a 6x6 with portals ... it's top heavy has the turning radius of a supertanker ... but even with stock tires it does the job provided you stay humble. But I prefer my second one I converted to straight axles (FreeMen 1.0 full front axle + AR44 lockouts). I wouldn't go 3s with the stock portal pinions, but there are hardened available from Conrad and it's easy to adapt Capra portal gears so not realy an issue.
Take a look at my YT channel ... I have a few vids of my FreeMen and other trucks https://www.youtube.com/@TuxStang/videos

I have heard nothing but problems with this esc. I'll stick with my 1080 for my brushed rigs. Really how many times beyond the first time you program the esc do you need to change anything?! Bluetooth is convenient but if there is a chance you will have problems just plugging in a battery and going for a run, and it goes stupid.... yeah you can keep it.

Back