• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC

I temporarily installed the ESC last night just for a quick test run in the house. The ESC works great except that the brake is kind of weak. The tires won't lock up even with the braking force set to max. There's one or two other braking settings that I'm going to play with.

Not sure, but isn't that more of a motor characteristic (magnet strength)? I've had massively different results on brake strength when just swapping out the motor.
Edit: come to think about it, likely the combination of motor and ESC.

Last edited:
I temporarily installed the ESC last night just for a quick test run in the house. The ESC works great except that the brake is kind of weak. The tires won't lock up even with the braking force set to max. There's one or two other braking settings that I'm going to play with.

Hey mate, did you have any luck with this? i found the brakes to be quite good for racing and had to dial them down a bit and run abs on the transmitter to help it from locking and getting sideways under brakes,but thats for a 2wd buggy

Hey mate, did you have any luck with this? i found the brakes to be quite good for racing and had to dial them down a bit and run abs on the transmitter to help it from locking and getting sideways under brakes,but thats for a 2wd buggy
I forgot to calibrate the ESC. Once I did that the brakes improved. It still won't lock up the tires though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ran mine straight out of the box in my TRX-4 (with Traxxas rx/tx) and this is an excellent ESC! :)

Edit: I'll play with the settings later to see if I can improve it for my style. Two speed tranny can be used as great steep descent dragbrake variable. Want more brakes, use 1st, less brakes then use 2nd gear.

Oooh, did I mention that it barely got warm on all day 3S crawl n bash on a hot day???

Last edited:
Ran mine straight out of the box in my TRX-4 (with Traxxas rx/tx) and this is an excellent ESC! :)

agree there. I installed one in my beater ground up build along with a 35t motor I got as a package deal off ebay. Makes me wish Id never gone roc 412 and mamba in the bomber... its so much cheaper and soooo far less breakage :lmao:

Edit: I'll play with the settings later to see if I can improve it for my style. Two speed tranny can be used as great steep descent dragbrake variable. Want more brakes, use 1st, less brakes then use 2nd gear.

Oooh, did I mention that it barely got warm on all day 3S crawl n bash on a hot day???

"thumbsup" That was an awesome added bonus, having two levels of drag brake adjustable on the fly. Great crawling ESC "thumbsup"

You gonna have fun with the settings....lol...

Mine isn't that strong with a super high geared SCX10 (23/80) but in low gear (2 speed) it's really solid and holds extremely well. In the TRX4 it's super strong and often doesn't even roll in high gear. I imagine if you had really strong magnets in the motor (I run cheap motors), it would be a vice with a 2 speed.

Just curious have you tried that freewheeling option? For regular vehicles , disable it? Maybe that will change the way the brakes work.
I'm not sure, but I believe I tried it both ways - freewheeling enabled and disabled.

Hey guys. I've read through a couple pages and have a few questions. I am currently waiting on a shipment, containing a tf2 lwb kit, a hobbywing1080 and a promodeler 470.

I see that the 1080 has an adjustable BEC. I'm planning to run the PM servo at 6v which should yield plenty for the 1.55s on the tf2. Are you guys finding that the 1080 BEC works well enough to not need an external BEC?

Hey guys. I've read through a couple pages and have a few questions. I am currently waiting on a shipment, containing a tf2 lwb kit, a hobbywing1080 and a promodeler 470.

I see that the 1080 has an adjustable BEC. I'm planning to run the PM servo at 6v which should yield plenty for the 1.55s on the tf2. Are you guys finding that the 1080 BEC works well enough to not need an external BEC?

If you're running on 2S it's strong enough for sure. I think if you run 3S it will supply less Amps to the servo, so then you might need one.

I have had no issues with the stock setting for BEC and a Savox servo. Cant remember the power but it was decent for a Crawler. There is a setting to change the BEC to a different voltage with the included program card but I havent messed with it.

Im still tuning the ESC, it has a lot of options you can adjust

Also I have only ran 2s so far

I just finished installing one in my SMT10. I think it'll work great in it, should be a good test at least! Mated with my favorite motor, the Traxxas Titan 21T 550 can. Also have the Savox 1231 on it, and will be installing JConcepts Firestorm tires.

Back