• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC

I have this esc also and love it. Only problem I have is, when I try to go in reverse it doesn't do anything at first then moves. Is this programming?
Do you have Running Mode set to Option 3 (FWD/REV)?

3s / HH 13T CM @6.0v / spektrum 6230 servo. No hold on the incline and under full load the steering servo would glitch and cause tire movement.

Switched to 2S all the same settings and it holds / no servo glitch.
A dim light bulb went off in my dark brain this morning. :lmao:

For anybody having issues with the CrawlMaster drag brake or holding, read what a rep from Holmes Hobbies told me:

"The benefit of advancing your motor's timing depends on the degree of advancement. 6° will give you better brush wear and potentially longer brush life. 12° will give you more powerful torque, but that's where it begins to have a noticeable effect on the brake (it will be less powerful). Generally, advancing the timing retards the reverse throttle as a consequence."

So if you're having problems with hill holding, decrease your timing. "thumbsup"

I ordered one up after watching you guys rave about them for the past couple months. Thanks for posting so much about them. Plus, now I know who to bother if/when I run into an issue lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I posted up that my 1080 did not hold the rig on a incline, about 2 weeks ago, I immediately switched to the rc4wd 45t then to a 35t and it has worked flawlessly in that time.

Reading Jato's post, I just dbl checked my HH 13T and its set at 12 deg. So I will mount it up, set it at 6 deg, then take it out for a run this weekend and see what happens/ set a 0 if need be.

Hold the setup button whilst turning on the big button.

Then when it beeps hit it again once. It'll play a noise to say it's in calibration mode.

Hit it again with the TX throttle position at centre - 1 beep

Hit again with the TX throttle at max forwards - 2 beeps

Hit again with the TX throttle at max reverse - 3 beeps.

Now turn it off...then on and you're good to go with the stock config.

Simples...rrrtt (it's an Aussie ad).

When I turn on my crawler, I get a flashing ref light from my hobbywing, what is the problem?
Thanks

Anyone used this on a noncrawler such as a monstertruck...can you turn the drag brake off...liking the 80amp w/400amp burst

Sent from my LGAS375 using Tapatalk

eBay has them for $35 free shipping from a few vendors typically. It's about the cheapest way I've found to get them as much as I'd prefer to support a shop that supports the hobby more.

eBay has them for $35 free shipping from a few vendors typically. It's about the cheapest way I've found to get them as much as I'd prefer to support a shop that supports the hobby more.

Whenever I get a chance to buy direct from the manufacturer (unless cost prohibitive) I do. That way you know you have the best chance at direct support and warranty.

So I finally ran this ESC in my 2.2 Shafty in a comp last weekend. It held it's own and then some. No issues with servo power set at 7.4v to a Hitec 7955 (being replaced with a 7950 shortly). No issues when running WOT forward and reverse to flip a turtle situation. Got stuck in a couple binds and the ESC stayed really cold. Ambient temp was about 55 and rainy. Overall I'm very happy with its performance and I'll continue to use it in this rig the rest of the season hopefully. Just wanted to check back in. Didn't see too many people trying to run a 2.2 comp truck with this ESC. Seemed like mostly scalers.

Pics for attention...

44182AE3-8BCC-4BFA-A27F-2A1660978B32_zpsjyrhoyqv.jpg

CBDEEF42-B04E-43BE-B8C0-71C630D92276_zpsrv3vjy3n.jpg

Last edited:
That's awesome!

I knew for scalers and trail rigs they were more than enough but was curious to see how they would cope in a competative setting

So I finally ran this ESC in my 2.2 Shafty in a comp last weekend. It held it's own and then some. No issues with servo power set at 7.4v to a Hitec 7955 (being replaced with a 7950 shortly). No issues when running WOT forward and reverse to flip a turtle situation. Got stuck in a couple binds and the ESC stayed really cold. Ambient temp was about 55 and rainy. Overall I'm very happy with its performance and I'll continue to use it in this rig the rest of the season hopefully. Just wanted to check back in. Didn't see too many people trying to run a 2.2 comp truck with this ESC. Seemed like mostly scalers.

Pics for attention...
Running it in a comp crawler? Impressive! I'm glad to hear it did well. How did you do in the comp? I was almost at St Pete's that day if that's the comp you're referring to.

Running it in a comp crawler? Impressive! I'm glad to hear it did well. How did you do in the comp? I was almost at St Pete's that day if that's the comp you're referring to.

Yeah St Pete's with EPARCRC. It was a garbage day with the weather but we stuck it out. I came in last in Pro and Sporty but that was because of both my trucks having several mechanical failures. I built both trucks from scratch over the winter and never took either one for any run time until that day. I knew I'd break lots of stuff. I literally never drove either truck before course 1 that day. When the trucks were running I was doing well and so were the rigs.

Back